The post match thread.
Absolute wank.

That’s about it to be honest.
(10-01-2021, 09:14 PM)aj21 Wrote: Johnstone - Premier League player by miles

Phillips/Livermore loads of Premier League experience.

Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend, Reach, Mowatt, Robinson, Grant, Diaganna, Hugill, Molomby - played all their careers in the Championship or lower.

We expect too much of the players when you look at this.

I agree, as I've said I think we're only slightly better than the likes of Stoke and if we aren't at 100% we get found out. It's not surprising though with our lack of spending.

Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend, Reach, Mowatt, Robinson, Grant, Diaganna, Hugill, Molomby - played all their careers in the Championship or lower.

If this post is based on player quality at least 4 of the players in the third paragraph need to be in a 4th one below......I think we have had a brilliant start to the season exceeding my expectations! Tonight was really awful.
Beaten by the better team tonight. Gameplay was spot on and executed really well. He's a good manager. We tried to make it happen and started the game well, but some poor decisions were made and it just went flat on 30 minutes and we couldn't get it back.

Not helped by Hugill having an absolute mare! his role in the team is so important and it's a role nobody else can do at all. But tonight he had a poor first touch, didn't win a header, was always behind the play and more surprisingly seemed to get bullied our of the game. I've seen him do some good things at times but that was a shocker. I still think he has a something to offer and hope he comes good but we have to hope we can move Kenneth on in Jan and bring another in.
Stoke were excellent. Bad day at the office for us. I still enjoyed watching the game despite the result. The players have done well after 11 games and always given it their all so no backlash from me. Players deserve a rest and hopefully we'll have learned something from tonight.

COYB.
(10-01-2021, 09:08 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Shit happens. It's not pant-wetting to see say we were dire and deserved to get spanked on this particular evening. It is pant wetting to say that this will define the rest of our season and that promotion is a write off, just as its ridiculous to make any far-reaching claims based on a single result. The lads looked knackered from Tuesday, nothing stuck and we were second to everything. Such is football, we'll probably win the next game 3-0 Big Grin

Exactly bud,  we were poor ,we lost, thats football happens to even the best sides in the world, get over it move on to the next game.

It's a team of decent championship players (including Livermore and Phillips) nothing more.  We over payed on Grant and Grady but the rest are bargain buys and frees.   It's going to be a battle to the end.
Whatever the result, I'm enjoying the first half of this season more than the second half of our last Championship season. People have short memories.
Stoke were better than us tonight. Regroup, forget about it and crack on regardless. Onwards n upwards.
(10-01-2021, 09:06 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Poor all round, maybe the 3 games in a week at the tempo we try to play at had a bearing on it. I thought defensively we created the chances for them with our decision making and panicking.One of those days.

Trouble is we sis to play at any tempo.
Where was the tactics ? Where was it that we attacked with a high press?
So comfortable for Stoke and they really deserved to win by a bigger margin.