Kebabs for Jabs
(08-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why not just give them the money instead?

How about they are excluded from any NHS servuces, payments from social security etc and public and private group gatherings until double vaccinated? Or just isolated at home with an asbo.

Great idea. As long as all people have to have a health check and any that fall into the overweight category also get struck off from NHS services. The NHS would be never under pressure again considering that 1 in 4 adults in the UK are obese never mind overweight.
The NHS wouldn't be needed if everyone stayed healthy
You can be locked up and thrown in jail just for having a kebab these days.
(08-01-2021, 11:44 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why not just give them the money instead?

How about they are excluded from any NHS servuces, payments from social security etc and public and private group gatherings until double vaccinated? Or just isolated at home with an asbo.

Great idea. As long as all people have to have a health check and any that fall into the overweight category also get struck off from NHS services. The NHS would be never under pressure again considering that 1 in 4 adults in the UK are obese never mind overweight.
I'm not against that either.
(08-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: You can be locked up and thrown in jail just for having a kebab these days.

Get a vegan one, then you get made Prime Minister.

(08-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote:

Depends on how you define being overweight / obese though, using BMI for example is woefully inadequate, according to that I'm obese/morbidly obese, ask anyone who's met me and they'll tell you, I'm just a bit porky! Big Grin
(08-01-2021, 12:25 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: You can be locked up and thrown in jail just for having a kebab these days.

Get a vegan one, then you get made Prime Minister.

(08-01-2021, 12:23 PM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote:

Depends on how you define being overweight / obese though, using BMI for example is woefully inadequate, according to that I'm obese/morbidly obese, ask anyone who's met me and they'll tell you, I'm just a bit porky! Big Grin

Are you sure it's not cuddly or is that just on your Tinder profile  Big Grin
(08-01-2021, 11:39 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Why should there be a need to offer any form of incentive?
And Derek I have no idea why you constantly insinuate that all young people are junkies who inject any old crap into themselves every week. Talk about stereotyping.

I think you are wrong there BB. Dekka thinks very highly of younger people. He considers them all to be  educated, generous, socially minded and eco friendly who have been let down by selfish, racist boomers. 

D.H. resorting to stereotypes, don't be silly.  Angel
(08-01-2021, 11:39 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Why should there be a need to offer any form of incentive?

The majority of people who have genuine concerns against taking the jab are unlikely to be persuaded by a free burger.

And Derek I have no idea why you constantly insinuate that all young people are junkies who inject any old crap into themselves every week. Talk about stereotyping.

You’re going to have to show me where I have said ‘all young people’?! Or used the word junkie? Or said anything about injecting. I ask the question because there is a very odd logic between some who will happily take recreational drugs and yet be against having the vaccine. Or are you saying all those refusing the vaccine are tea-total, anti-drug my body is a temple types?
It's a ridiculous idea.
Fucking love kebabs. I'd have had my jab a month sooner if a mixed on naan had been on offer.