Kebabs for Jabs
Star 
News today that the government are set to offer young uns Uber eats vouchers and stuff to get vaccinated. 

So, assuming the main reason for refuseniks is health concerns, the assumption must be that people are willing to risk their lives for a cheap burger meal. 

Eat out to Help Out Mk 2?
(08-01-2021, 10:59 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: News today that the government are set to offer young uns Uber eats vouchers and stuff to get vaccinated. 

So, assuming the main reason for refuseniks is health concerns, the assumption must be that people are willing to risk their lives for a cheap burger meal. 

I assume all those young people refusing the vaccine don’t take drugs? After all dealers and suppliers always have their clients best interest at heart.
(08-01-2021, 11:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 10:59 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: News today that the government are set to offer young uns Uber eats vouchers and stuff to get vaccinated. 

I assume all those young people refusing the vaccine don’t take drugs? After all dealers and suppliers always have their clients best interest at heart.

Think you may have stumbled across what I think marketers call 'cross fertilisation' there pal. Two needles for the price of one?

Anyway, the 18-24 bracket is up to 70% first jabs now so looking decent imo
Why not just give them the money instead?
(08-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why not just give them the money instead?

$100 shopping vouchers in some American States if you get jabbed!

I think it's New Jersey offering a free beer if you get jabbed (they must've followed Lai's business ideas)
(08-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why not just give them the money instead?

They can't be trusted with money.
(08-01-2021, 11:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Why not just give them the money instead?

How about they are excluded from any NHS servuces, payments from social security etc and public and private group gatherings until double vaccinated? Or just isolated at home with an asbo.
Why should there be a need to offer any form of incentive?

The majority of people who have genuine concerns against taking the jab are unlikely to be persuaded by a free burger.

And Derek I have no idea why you constantly insinuate that all young people are junkies who inject any old crap into themselves every week. Talk about stereotyping.
(08-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Bear Town Baggie Wrote:

How about they are excluded from any NHS servuces, payments from social security etc and public and private group gatherings until double vaccinated? Or just isolated at home with an asbo.

Because it's not a criminal offence to not get vaccinated, and I'm not sure that young people are the demographic reliant on social security or the NHS
(08-01-2021, 11:39 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Why should there be a need to offer any form of incentive?

The majority of people who have genuine concerns against taking the jab are unlikely to be persuaded by a free burger.

And Derek I have no idea why you constantly insinuate that all young people are junkies who inject any old crap into themselves every week. Talk about stereotyping.

I agree, incentives should not be needed, can I get a free backdated kebab or is this just another ageist incentive? Big Grin

As for Derek's comment, to be fair to him the people I know who are rallying the anti vax types all over social media etc... hate it when I ask them the do you know what's in your drugs comment, as all of them, strange coincidence surely, were known (or still do) partake in the illicit substances, it's their freedom of choice innit though! However all of them are well over 30.