Summer Transfer Window Thread
(07-17-2023, 02:16 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 01:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 08:38 AM)Sliced Wrote: Whispers that Leicester are interested in Cleary

When you look at his record versus that of Delap, he really ought to be being given some game time here, but his contract us up this summer so we'll no doubt let him go if anyone offers some cash.

I'd really like for us to give Cleary some minutes - plus we do need the annual "youngster breaks into team, does well but contract is running down" drama!

Meanwhile, Leeds signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea - could be a top signing for them.

Really am continually amazed at just how badly we have done in the market for the last 5-6 years.

Where do you expect us to get £7m from? We don't even have a sofa, let alone one with cash down the back.

Wouldn't have been all of it but it would have helped if Lai hadn't took money out of the club !
(07-17-2023, 08:38 AM)Sliced Wrote: Whispers that Leicester are interested in Cleary

There is something that we are not being told about with regards to Cleary imo. His goal record at youth/stiff level is ridiculously good. I saw him a dozen times the season before last and he was on fire. Really well built too so can handle himself.

We've never loaned him out but we've never given him a go. Even this pre season all the talk is about Jovan Malcolm who looks no way near as good imo. 

I know there were stories about Cleary's attitude a while back and that he had a big entourage around him. How true this is I don't know but there must be some reason he's not fancied.

I don't mind him leaving for another club but ideally I'd like us to have given him a proper go before we do. I've not seen him in any training session pbotographs or clips either. Injured?
(07-17-2023, 02:34 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 02:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 02:16 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 01:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

When you look at his record versus that of Delap, he really ought to be being given some game time here, but his contract us up this summer so we'll no doubt let him go if anyone offers some cash.

I'd really like for us to give Cleary some minutes - plus we do need the annual "youngster breaks into team, does well but contract is running down" drama!

Meanwhile, Leeds signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea - could be a top signing for them.

Really am continually amazed at just how badly we have done in the market for the last 5-6 years.

Where do you expect us to get £7m from? We don't even have a sofa, let alone one with cash down the back.

Not suggesting we could or should buy Ampadu, I’m just saying it’s frustrating when you see the kind of players other relegated clubs manage to buy whereas we just spunked cash into high wages and no return!

Ah, yes. Our parachute money was pissed up the wall after a night in Wetherspoons.

With the way this lot spend money we’d have all gone to Dirty Martini and bought Carling.
Reggie Cannon - a US international RB, left Boavista after a contact row recently. Decent player, cracking name.
(07-20-2023, 11:59 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Reggie Cannon - a US international RB, left Boavista after a contact row recently. Decent player, cracking name.

I was looking at him yesterday. Perhaps DD can put a word in.
(07-20-2023, 01:04 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 11:59 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Reggie Cannon - a US international RB, left Boavista after a contact row recently. Decent player, cracking name.

I was looking at him yesterday. Perhaps DD can put a word in.

Ian Pearce has settled in for the evening with a Cannon and Ball VHS.
(07-17-2023, 05:24 PM)Peachy Wrote:

There is something that we are not being told about with regards to Cleary imo. His goal record at youth/stiff level is ridiculously good. I saw him a dozen times the season before last and he was on fire. Really well built too so can handle himself.

We've never loaned him out but we've never given him a go. Even this pre season all the talk is about Jovan Malcolm who looks no way near as good imo. 

I know there were stories about Cleary's attitude a while back and that he had a big entourage around him. How true this is I don't know but there must be some reason he's not fancied.

I don't mind him leaving for another club but ideally I'd like us to have given him a proper go before we do. I've not seen him in any training session pbotographs or clips either. Injured?

Cleary had a bad injury at the back end of last season, I seem to recall. I presume he is still in rehab.
The player we wanted from City that mentioned in a thread somewhere was Carlos Borges who had a brilliant season for their Elite Development Squad. He’s now in advanced talks with West Ham over a permanent £14m deal. Next one on the list please…
(07-20-2023, 07:17 PM)Lightnin Wrote: The player we wanted from City that mentioned in a thread somewhere was Carlos Borges who had a brilliant season for their Elite Development Squad. He’s now in advanced talks with West Ham over a permanent £14m deal. Next one on the list please…

How the hell are Man City selling these players with no first team appearances for them for that much?
(07-20-2023, 07:18 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-20-2023, 07:17 PM)Lightnin Wrote: The player we wanted from City that mentioned in a thread somewhere was Carlos Borges who had a brilliant season for their Elite Development Squad. He’s now in advanced talks with West Ham over a permanent £14m deal. Next one on the list please…

How the hell are Man City selling these players with no first team appearances for them for that much?

Saints have just bought another one from City for £15m too.