Summer Transfer Window Thread
(07-14-2023, 04:07 PM)Peachy Wrote: I see we are being linked with Omari Hutchinson again. This is the lad from Chelsea that was a done deal before we went for fucking Allshiteon on deadline day.

Jet healed winger. Supposed to be very good according to my Chelsea season ticket holder mate.

Allshiteson Big Grin
(07-14-2023, 04:07 PM)Peachy Wrote: I see we are being linked with Omari Hutchinson again. This is the lad from Chelsea that was a done deal before we went for fucking Allshiteon on deadline day.

Jet healed winger. Supposed to be very good according to my Chelsea season ticket holder mate.

We wanted both, Chelsea messed it up as they were so busy making sure they signed Enzo.
(07-14-2023, 04:27 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

Allshiteson Big Grin

Unfortunate typo.....  Big Grin
Whispers that Leicester are interested in Cleary

Ask your Chelsea season ticket holder mate what he thinks about Harvey Vale too? We’re interested in him and Hutchinson apparently.

We’ve got a few that we’re keen on from other clubs too. One from City, West Ham, Palace and Forest. Can’t have them all but it’s heating up now.
(07-17-2023, 08:38 AM)Sliced Wrote: Whispers that Leicester are interested in Cleary

When you look at his record versus that of Delap, he really ought to be being given some game time here, but his contract us up this summer so we'll no doubt let him go if anyone offers some cash.

I'd really like for us to give Cleary some minutes - plus we do need the annual "youngster breaks into team, does well but contract is running down" drama!

Meanwhile, Leeds signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea - could be a top signing for them.

Really am continually amazed at just how badly we have done in the market for the last 5-6 years.
(07-17-2023, 01:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 08:38 AM)Sliced Wrote: Whispers that Leicester are interested in Cleary

When you look at his record versus that of Delap, he really ought to be being given some game time here, but his contract us up this summer so we'll no doubt let him go if anyone offers some cash.

I'd really like for us to give Cleary some minutes - plus we do need the annual "youngster breaks into team, does well but contract is running down" drama!

Meanwhile, Leeds signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea - could be a top signing for them.

Really am continually amazed at just how badly we have done in the market for the last 5-6 years.

Where do you expect us to get £7m from? We don't even have a sofa, let alone one with cash down the back.

We wouldn’t be able to afford Ampadu. I’d guess Chelsea would ask a decent loan fee for him with him being at Prem/Serie A clubs the last few times.

Our loan market moves will likely be for young prospects that many know little about or know about but haven’t played much (if any) minutes at Championship level ie. prem players that aren’t on much money and wouldn’t have a big fee attached.
(07-17-2023, 02:16 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

Where do you expect us to get £7m from? We don't even have a sofa, let alone one with cash down the back.

Not suggesting we could or should buy Ampadu, I’m just saying it’s frustrating when you see the kind of players other relegated clubs manage to buy whereas we just spunked cash into high wages and no return!
(07-17-2023, 02:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 02:16 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

Not suggesting we could or should buy Ampadu, I’m just saying it’s frustrating when you see the kind of players other relegated clubs manage to buy whereas we just spunked cash into high wages and no return!

Ah, yes. Our parachute money was pissed up the wall after a night in Wetherspoons.