Summer Transfer Window Thread
(07-01-2022, 09:35 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 09:11 AM)Sliced Wrote: Okay Yokuslu is out of contract

Elias Burke seemed to be hinting something but I'm not sure if he's just being a hopeful Albion fan or that he knew something

What's he hinting?
(07-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Elias Burke seemed to be hinting something but I'm not sure if he's just being a hopeful Albion fan or that he knew something

What's he hinting?

‘Eyes’ emoji. Wouldn’t read too much in to it from an Albion fan.
(07-01-2022, 01:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

What's he hinting?

‘Eyes’ emoji. Wouldn’t read too much in to it from an Albion fan.

Cheers.  Unlikely you would think and at 24 Chodberry's the future if we can get him!
Okay is seriously being considered they are doing a lot of back ground checks on why he didn't play for Delta vigo that much .
Meanwhile, Bruce admitted it’s unlikely he’ll make a move for former Baggie Yokuslu who has just been released by Celta Vigo.

The 28-year-old impressed on loan for Albion in the Premier League back in 2021.

And his release from Celta has led to many Baggies fans hoping he will return.

On Yokuslu, Bruce said: “He was a very good player, he didn’t play a lot last year – if I’m being brutally honest I think that ship might have sailed.”
(07-04-2022, 09:02 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Meanwhile, Bruce admitted it’s unlikely he’ll make a move for former Baggie Yokuslu who has just been released by Celta Vigo.

The 28-year-old impressed on loan for Albion in the Premier League back in 2021.

On Yokuslu, Bruce said: “He was a very good player, he didn’t play a lot last year – if I’m being brutally honest I think that ship might have sailed.”

Yep, no chance he'll go for him.

Shame as he ticks all the boxes, but I reckon the reports that Bruce has been told that's our business done unless some are out the door are probably true.

Personally, If I had a choice of Okay or Bruce being here next season then I know which of the two I'd choose
(07-04-2022, 09:49 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 09:02 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Meanwhile, Bruce admitted it’s unlikely he’ll make a move for former Baggie Yokuslu who has just been released by Celta Vigo.

Shame as he ticks all the boxes, but I reckon the reports that Bruce has been told that's our business done unless some are out the door are probably true.

Personally, If I had a choice of Okay or Bruce being here next season then I know which of the two I'd choose

Would we be better with Okay in midfield and no manager in the dugout, or without Okay in midfield and Bruce in the dugout… I’m really not sure Big Grin

Apparently a few clubs in Turkey have approached Okay, but his agent claims they’re prioritising a club in Europe…
(07-05-2022, 09:23 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 09:49 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Would we be better with Okay in midfield and no manager in the dugout, or without Okay in midfield and Bruce in the dugout… I’m really not sure Big Grin

Apparently a few clubs in Turkey have approached Okay, but his agent claims they’re prioritising a club in Europe…
Okay is absolute class BUT what salary would he command? Are the club not trying to reduce the wage bill rather than grow it? Perhaps, had we shifted say Robinson, Phillips and Kipre by now it would be a goer. I think I'd prefer to box clever in the loan market and that means looking at players in that position of the calibre of Doyle, Cresswell, Harwood-Bellis etc.
According to a couple of websites okay has played about half the matches he's available for (Celta & Getafe) last season. Why, I wonder...?
Perhaps "that ship has sailed" is code for injury or even performance level concerns...
(07-05-2022, 01:26 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: According to a couple of websites okay has played about half the matches he's available for (Celta & Getafe) last season. Why, I wonder...?
Perhaps "that ship has sailed" is code for injury or even performance level concerns...

Could be anything. People seem to be assuming that he would be willing to play 2nd-tier football. Not so sure myself. He may well have told us 'thanks but no thanks'.