Summer Transfer Window Thread
(08-24-2021, 10:19 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Someone on another site mentioned Kieron Dewsbury-Hall on loan from Leicester. Either him or Doyle from Man City would be fantastic rotation with AM/JL for our midfield.

Still hopeful we can push the boat out for Dike.

I really wish we’d stop trying to better other peoples players before sending them back to their parent club. 

Dewsbury Hall or Doyle. No thanks. Why don’t we invest a little bit of money and purchase a player (Yok or someone) that may be of use to us for more than just one season or half a season.
(08-24-2021, 09:57 AM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Ivanovic had played in a World Cup and the Champions League just before he signed for us. Some players just reach a point where they can’t do it anymore. In recent years the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole haven’t really impressed at all in the Championship. Personally I think Cahill is a rather desperate signing.

Lots on here hailed the Ivanovic signing and got quite excited by it, I didn't. Anyone over 33 that isn't Messi or Ronaldo (or possibly a goalkeeper) should be avoided IMHO.

(08-24-2021, 10:22 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 10:19 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Someone on another site mentioned Kieron Dewsbury-Hall on loan from Leicester. Either him or Doyle from Man City would be fantastic rotation with AM/JL for our midfield.

Still hopeful we can push the boat out for Dike.

I really wish we’d stop trying to better other peoples players before sending them back to their parent club. 

Dewsbury Hall or Doyle. No thanks. Why don’t we invest a little bit of money and purchase a player (Yok or someone) that may be of use to us for more than just one season or half a season.

Loans are seen as cheaper to the higher ups I guess?! Since let's face it, we go up, Lai bails and sells up, so he really doesn't care short of us going back up.
I agree loans can be of benefit and me being the hypocrite I am, I hope we utilise the loan market. However, in a position of need, after clearing out so many players in that position, it would be nice to purchase some players that can contribute long term for the club.
(08-24-2021, 10:53 AM)Dumbo Wrote: I agree loans can be of benefit and me being the hypocrite I am, I hope we utilise the loan market. However, in a position of need, after clearing out so many players in that position, it would be nice to purchase some players that can contribute long term for the club.

+1

Given how slim our squad is, and the players we’ve let go (16 and counting, with 6 coming in if we count Kipré, Palmer and Zohore) we ought to be in a very good place in terms of wages.

We’ve also raised c£20m with the sales of Hegazi, Field, Harper and Pereira, and ought to be expecting £4-5m from Ferguson, not to mention the money we will receive as part of Rodgers obligated move to B’mouth)

Loans are a great way for us to take a look at players we may want to sign from abroad (MP/Krov), or a good way of getting players in from PL clubs that are out of favour (Robinson, Grady etc) but we actually have the money to invest in players at a time when the rest of the division doesn’t and we need to be looking to use these funds to fund players that we can develop and progress with like we did under Mowbray, or players we can use to leverage a profit like with MP.

No issue at all with loans, provided they come with an option to purchase.
(08-24-2021, 11:39 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 10:53 AM)Dumbo Wrote: I agree loans can be of benefit and me being the hypocrite I am, I hope we utilise the loan market. However, in a position of need, after clearing out so many players in that position, it would be nice to purchase some players that can contribute long term for the club.

+1

Given how slim our squad is, and the players we’ve let go (16 and counting, with 6 coming in if we count Kipré, Palmer and Zohore) we ought to be in a very good place in terms of wages.

We’ve also raised c£20m with the sales of Hegazi, Field, Harper and Pereira, and ought to be expecting £4-5m from Ferguson, not to mention the money we will receive as part of Rodgers obligated move to B’mouth)

Loans are a great way for us to take a look at players we may want to sign from abroad (MP/Krov), or a good way of getting players in from PL clubs that are out of favour (Robinson, Grady etc) but we actually have the money to invest in players at a time when the rest of the division doesn’t and we need to be looking to use these funds to fund players that we can develop and progress with like we did under Mowbray, or players we can use to leverage a profit like with MP.

No issue at all with loans, provided they come with an option to purchase.

We'll get the Ferguson money the same day Barca pay us the £200k they owe us.
Anyone hanging their hopes on the mythical Ferguson money truly is desperate.
(08-25-2021, 02:41 PM)Duffers Wrote: Anyone hanging their hopes on the mythical Ferguson money truly is desperate.

Don't think tribunal have even decided yet, and I think, can be corrected on this, Palace get 12 months to pay once it is decided.
(08-25-2021, 02:41 PM)Duffers Wrote: Anyone hanging their hopes on the mythical Ferguson money truly is desperate.

That deffo ay comin anytime soon.
(08-25-2021, 02:43 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Don't think tribunal have even decided yet, and I think, can be corrected on this, Palace get 12 months to pay once it is decided.

Are they back on furlough? The tribunal was ages ago.
Ignoring the no more incomings waffle. A potential midfielder INCOMING

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sourc...30067292-2

Nixon now confirming the Molombu move. Decent midfield option.