Summer Transfer Window Thread
Being linked with a move for Jack Hendry the young Celtic centre half. Strange one but they've just sold him for £1.8m to Oostende in Belguim who will apparently flog him straight to us for £5m as they've taken up their option to sign him from Celtic.

Apparently Val's an admirer and wanted him at Barnsley.

Can't say I paid any attention to him during this tournament. Any onions as to what he's like?
(06-26-2021, 08:18 PM)Peachy Wrote: Being linked with a move for Jack Hendry the young Celtic centre half. Strange one but they've just sold him for £1.8m to Oostende in Belguim who will apparently flog him straight to us for £5m as they've taken up their option to sign him from Celtic.

Can't say I paid any attention to him during this tournament. Any onions as to what he's like?

Are you sure Val is an admirer? I know that Wilder is a big fan and they may be recycling the story. He’s improved but he’s still not brilliant. His main downfall are lapses in concentration but he’s decent technically
(06-26-2021, 10:24 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 08:18 PM)Peachy Wrote: Being linked with a move for Jack Hendry the young Celtic centre half. Strange one but they've just sold him for £1.8m to Oostende in Belguim who will apparently flog him straight to us for £5m as they've taken up their option to sign him from Celtic.

Are you sure Val is an admirer? I know that Wilder is a big fan and they may be recycling the story. He’s improved but he’s still not brilliant. His main downfall are lapses in concentration but he’s decent technically

Don't know Lightnin. It said that line in the one report I read.
(06-26-2021, 10:24 PM)Lightnin Wrote:

There's a lot of recycling going on at the moment, ie, some are now reporting, Val wants Matty Longstaff, this maybe true, but we were being linked with him well before we'd even appointed the new manager.
One thing for sure, he is a big admirer of Alex Mowatt, according to the Barnsley fans.
Mowatt signs tomorrow.(Thu)
(06-30-2021, 06:24 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Mowatt signs tomorrow.(Thu)

Hope your right Remi. If so good start for Ismael Smile
(06-30-2021, 06:34 PM)wba13 Wrote:

It's a no brainer tbh, if he plays the youngsters on a regular basis we have an interesting season ahead.
(06-30-2021, 09:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

It's a no brainer tbh, if he plays the youngsters on a regular basis we have an interesting season ahead.

I think he's going to love Mortons work ethic. He's a striker that never stops running and hunting down defenders. I can see him getting his chance in pre season.
(07-01-2021, 05:12 AM)Peachy Wrote:

I think he's going to love Mortons work ethic. He's a striker that never stops running and hunting down defenders. I can see him getting his chance in pre season.

I hope so, but step to soon ATM? With Zohore returning and Val looking at Daryl Dike (West Brom news) our forward dept is well stocked.
(07-01-2021, 07:38 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 05:12 AM)Peachy Wrote:

I hope so, but step to soon ATM? With Zohore returning and Val looking at Daryl Dike (West Brom news) our forward dept is well stocked.

I'd love to think we could make some traction with Dike as he'd be a cracking signing for us, but I think he's probably out of our financial reach and bigger fish are allegedly sniffing.

Wonder if Azaz will get an opportunity this year? He's had a couple very good seasons in the PL2, and did well at Cheltenham last year. Has a decent engine on him, and may be given the opportunity to boost our numbers in midfield.

I'd thoroughly expect Morton to be involved in the first team training picture...