Summer Transfer Window Thread
(10-07-2020, 01:00 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 12:51 PM)Peachy Wrote: £18m bid was agreed with Bruge for Dennis but couldn't get work permit. All left until deadline day on Monday.

I wonder if this is true or leaked by the club to show we are trying?  Seems strange to leave it to the final day.....

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/07/re...dline-day/

If we're trying to pay less than 18m for Grant then this would be a very dumb move, especially as in the Brum mail it's saying that we can only afford Grant or Josh King in a carefully structured deal

Doesn't add up does it.
(10-07-2020, 12:51 PM)Peachy Wrote: £18m bid was agreed with Bruge for Dennis but couldn't get work permit. All left until deadline day on Monday.

I wonder if this is true or leaked by the club to show we are trying?  Seems strange to leave it to the final day.....

I’m calling bullshit.

Partly because WP status would be known well in advance these days, partly because we don’t have £18m by all accounts, but mainly because it’s HITC.
Saws is suspect

If we're trying to pay less than 18m for Grant then this would be a very dumb move, especially as in the Brum mail it's saying that we can only afford Grant or Josh King in a carefully structured deal

0% finance £1 a year for the next 20 million years failure to keep up repayments may result in your ground being repossesed
(10-07-2020, 02:27 PM)TartanRug Wrote:

0% finance £1 a year for the next 20 million years failure to keep up repayments may result in your ground being repossesed

We need to get Daniel Levy in to broker it.
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, not even the date!

(10-06-2020, 07:09 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: What I can’t quite fathom is for a club with a restricted budget why have we re-signed Lee Peltier (33).

Answers on a postcard.

We've committed £1-1.5m on a player who will never play.

When we signed him initially after his contract had been terminated by 'mutual consent' I did wonder what was going on as it all seems a bit strange.  

Did we do Cardiff a favour in lieu of restructuring the Zohore payments - just asking for a friend?

The general mantra is we've got no money/eggs in one basket with Diang. (which is my general stance when I'm negotiating to buy something - it's a black country thang).   Wink   Whilst we're clearly not 'flush' I find it difficult to believe given the massive efforts we've made to get this far that we've got no money.    If Hudds moved the goalposts from £12 to £18 then maybe it's a case of we're not budging from what was originally agreed as opposed to we ain't got a pot to p in and it's a case of who blinks first?  Nobody knows really.  

And if Grant is our No 1 target and we're continuing negotiations with Hudds, where has the money come from for the reported bids for Niang and the Bruges striker?  Is it the same money or are we signing a pera-stroikers as Bilic stated the other day "we'd like two"?  The thick plottens.
I dunno, but 'pera-stroikers' needs to be in the bored lexicon  Big Grin

So we have a list of players we want to sign at the end of the season and we don’t know what their work position is until the last day of the transfer window. What a load of *********
(10-07-2020, 09:55 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 03:59 PM)wba13 Wrote: Don’t know if we pissed about or we got pissed on if it’s right that Huddersfield upped the price after an initial price was agreed, { Because the vile paid over the odds for Watkins } if so we have every right to hold fire. I still expect this deal to go through with a compromise on price. Instalments or big loan I don’t know. Luckily there is no match before the last deadline. But we do need whoever comes through the door to be here soon for fitness purposes.

Latest from Masi is Bilic is pushing for Grant to be concluded so he has time to get up to speed during the international break - a forlorn hope you would think. Still only 9 days to go......of absolute inane media bollox

And Bilic would be right. This deal should in a sensible world now be able to proceed. Either we have the ability to pay Huddersfield what they want or we don't.

We may be over estimating Huddersfield's desire to do the deal in this window, the next window is under 3 months away, and Grant's value may rise in the meantime as struggling premiership clubs in January may see him as a solution to their problems. I can't see Huddersfield going under because they didn't sell him in this window.
(10-07-2020, 05:43 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 09:55 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 03:59 PM)wba13 Wrote: Don’t know if we pissed about or we got pissed on if it’s right that Huddersfield upped the price after an initial price was agreed, { Because the vile paid over the odds for Watkins } if so we have every right to hold fire. I still expect this deal to go through with a compromise on price. Instalments or big loan I don’t know. Luckily there is no match before the last deadline. But we do need whoever comes through the door to be here soon for fitness purposes.

Latest from Masi is Bilic is pushing for Grant to be concluded so he has time to get up to speed during the international break - a forlorn hope you would think. Still only 9 days to go......of absolute inane media bollox

And Bilic would be right. This deal should in a sensible world now be able to proceed. Either we have the ability to pay Huddersfield what they want or we don't.

We may be over estimating Huddersfield's desire to do the deal in this window, the next window is under 3 months away, and Grant's value may rise in the meantime as struggling premiership clubs in January may see him as a solution to their problems. I can't see Huddersfield going under because they didn't sell him in this window.

Will his value go up if he hasn’t kicked a ball for half a year?