Summer Transfer Window Thread
(10-05-2020, 01:57 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:54 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Does he have to be Olly Watkins? Very different player who will be asked to play a different role.

You seem an intelligent person. So I’ll ask you this - considering we’ve been after him since the window opened - do you not think the pressure will be too great for him?

What do you define as his style of play?

We frankly have forgot how to pass too.

Lowest possession in 4 games.
Lowest pass accuracy in 4 games.
Lowest number of shots in 4 games.

Considering I dont think attack is our problem you'll only get me saying he isn't enough.

However he us a more powerful Robinson, which is what we need.

He'll be a good signing  but no way he fixes anything tbh.
(10-05-2020, 01:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:54 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Does he have to be Olly Watkins? Very different player who will be asked to play a different role.

You seem an intelligent person. So I’ll ask you this - considering we’ve been after him since the window opened - do you not think the pressure will be too great for him?

Considering I dont think attack is our problem you'll only get me saying he isn't enough.

However he us a more powerful Robinson, which is what we need.

He'll be a good signing  but no way he fixes anything tbh.

Exactly.

So we are down with a whimper.
(10-05-2020, 01:57 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:53 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:51 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:49 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I’m with Ziz.

Nothing will happen in terms of incomings today.

All our eggs are in the Grant basket. However, we all know that, 1) that’s a risky game and 2) that’s not enough.

Yup.

Also even if we do sign Grant he’s going to be under so much pressure as he’ll be regarded as our “marquee” signing. Is he as good as Ollie Watkins? Jury out for me despite his 4 goals in 13 at this level.

He doesn’t need to be as good as Watkins. He just needs to score a few goals to keep us up.

It will be a thankless task unless we get at least a couple more in as well to boost the midfield/defence

He is a professional footballer who will be on 60-70k a week coming in with his eyes open to a team he will know all about. If he needs 'Thanks' to play he will get the rough end of my boot.
If we lose out on our main target for a few million quid when his presence could give us 50 - 60 mill for staying up Dowling can have a piece of my highly bulled leather too!
*tumbleweed*

Cheer up chap! We've conceded the MOST goals in 4 games ever, we can be proud of that, ermmmm!! Smile
(10-05-2020, 04:17 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

Cheer up chap! We've conceded the MOST goals in 4 games ever, we can be proud of that, ermmmm!! Smile

Think Newcastle have had less shots than us? Just all theirs have gone in!
Deeney. I think that’s what we’ll get and that’s it.
(10-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Deeney. I think that’s what we’ll get and that’s it.

I'd take Deeney and Grant.

Either of those alone would be a dreadful window. Truly atrocious. And If agree with Ziz; down with barely a whimper.
(10-05-2020, 06:21 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Deeney. I think that’s what we’ll get and that’s it.

Either of those alone would be a dreadful window. Truly atrocious. And If agree with Ziz; down with barely a whimper.

And you would love it...
(10-05-2020, 06:24 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:21 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

And you would love it...

Absolutely not.

I have a young lad following this shite as well as myself. I want t to see them competitive at least.