Summer Transfer Window Thread
No idea but I still think we’re in for a surprise exit.
(09-28-2020, 06:38 PM)wba13 Wrote: No idea but I still think we’re in for a surprise exit.

If you knew who it was, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise, would it?   Big Grin
Grant loan a no go...

https://t.co/ATkSrYmLx4
(09-28-2020, 05:38 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 05:27 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 04:45 PM)Squid Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 04:27 PM)MrFizz Wrote: You would also hope that Croats would pick us over similar clubs due to Slav. So far only Kroc, but surely others will follow given the chance

According to Slav in the E&D today, we have no problems attracting players, it's the paying for them that we struggle with.

Mandzukic you can bet!

Tbf if he really wants to come. He could take a pay cut. He’s earnt the money Hoppy.

Why would he really want to come to WBA - Bilic could be the only possible reason, as Slaven originally selected him for Croatia - not that he was doing him a favour?   He was on £61k at Juventus when he left.   It's a romantic notion but it won't be happening   Wink
(09-28-2020, 06:38 PM)wba13 Wrote: No idea but I still think we’re in for a surprise exit.

Bilic?
(09-28-2020, 09:06 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Bilic?

After bringing in his players. He’s going nowhere.
Phase 1 complete.

Pereria signed for 4 years.
Diangana signed for 5 years.
Robinson signed for 5 years.
Krovinovic signed for 1 year. (just a shame we couldn’t quite get an agreed deal in place)

Updated:

Players Out Of Contract Summer 2021:
Bond (27), Peltier (33), Bartley (29), Ivanović (36), Gibbs (31), Townsend (27), Grosicki (32), Edwards (22), Robson-Kanu (31), Austin (31).

Players On Loan:
Gallagher (20), Krovinović (25),

✅ GK: 3
01 Johnstone (27), - 3
23 Bond (27),*
25 Button (31),

✅ DEF: 10
02 Furlong (24), - 3
27 O’Shea (21), - 3
22 Peltier (33),*
05 Bartley (29),* - 3
06 Ajayi (26), - 3
20 Ivanović (36),*
24 Kipré (23),
26 Hegazi (29),
03 Gibbs (31),* - 2
14 Townsend (27),* - 1

✅ MID: 11
08 Livermore (30), - 3
19 Sawyers (28), - 3
16 Harper (20), - (1)
28 Field (22), - (2)
18 Gallagher (20),
17 Krovinovic (25),
10 Phillips (29), - (2)
13 Grosicki (32),*
21 Edwards (22),* - (2)
12 Matheus Pereira (24), - 3
11 Diangana (22), - 3

✅ ST: 4
04 Robson-Kanu (31),* - (2)
07 Robinson (25) - 3
09 Zohore (26)
15 Austin (31),*

Peltier seems a strange signing to me. He effectively takes up a place in our 25 man squad.
Remember players under 21 are not included in total numbers.
Interesting piece on Grant from a Hudd's fans perspective who even offers tactical advice on where Diangana and Pereira could fit in to accommodate him! Cheers fella!

http://www.terrierspirit.com/the-karlan-...rspective/

If you've researched Grant, you'll know he doesn't lead the line/play the lone striker, he plays on the left so difficult to see how he is our No. 1 target unless the Club feel they have struck lucky with Robinson.   He is a deadly finisher but is he a bit one-dimensional?   Doesn't offer much apparently other than hitting the back of the net!

Think we definitely need another striker who can lead the line.  

http://sportwitness.co.uk/finances-behin...n-avoided/

Portuguese newspaper Record have been able to reveal the finances of the deal. They state West Brom are paying £500k for the loan period, and should they manage to avoid relegation to the Premier League, then a further £750k will be payable, as long as the player starts half the matches.

There’s no clarification if that’s half the matches from now or in total.

In comparison, last season’s loan cost €1m including bonuses.

There’s no purchase option, which is a gamble for both clubs. Benfica had wanted an obligatory clause, and the Baggies refused to this unless it was scrapped in case of relegation.

No clause means a good season from Krovinović could see Benfica sell him for more than they would have otherwise committed to, whilst a bad season sees the value of their asset drop.
(09-29-2020, 09:59 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Interesting piece on Grant from a Hudd's fans perspective who even offers tactical advice on where Diangana and Pereira could fit in to accommodate him! Cheers fella!

http://www.terrierspirit.com/the-karlan-...rspective/

If you've researched Grant, you'll know he doesn't lead the line/play the lone striker, he plays on the left so difficult to see how he is our No. 1 target unless the Club feel they have struck lucky with Robinson.   He is a deadly finisher but is he a bit one-dimensional?    Doesn't offer much apparently other than hitting the back of the net! 

Think we definitely need another striker who can lead the line.  

Agreed Hopalong - Rondon would be ideal in Slav's set-up. If Deeney is fit, I think he'd do us a job for a season. I do wonder whether Bilic see's HRK as the hold-up option though, and he's going for a different type of forward, a goalscorer who's quick enough to run the channels. Not sure if Grant fits this criteria, or whether there's a leftfield option from abroad, like the chap from Metz.