EFL Statement
For anyone concerned about the Premier League not relegating teams in the bottom three, any vote passed has to be approved by the FA as they have a special share which acts as an effective veto. Even if the PL clubs vote to remove relegation there's squat they can do if the FA tells them to piss off.

There's also the tripartite agreement between the EFL, FA and Premier League which explicitly states 3 up and 3 down unless all three parties agree.
(05-22-2020, 08:18 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: For anyone concerned about the Premier League not relegating teams in the bottom three, any vote passed has to be approved by the FA as they have a special share which acts as an effective veto. Even if the PL clubs vote to remove relegation there's squat they can do if the FA tells them to piss off.

There's also the tripartite agreement between the EFL, FA and Premier League which explicitly states 3 up and 3 down unless all three parties agree.

This is true. You may remember that until the early 2000s the top flight was known as the FA Premier League as the FA was involved throughout its first decade after its inception. After the league went alone, the FA retained a 'golden' share and therefore ultimately have a say in what happens. The Premier League is not an independent organisation able to do whatever it wants regardless of the rest of the football.
(05-21-2020, 01:48 PM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote: The statement suggests that for the season to be finished based on the current table, more than half the teams in each division would need to vote for it.
In our division us and Leeds would obviously be happy with that. Of the teams in the playoff places probably only Fulham would think they could realistically catch us or Leeds and the other 3 would possibly prefer the guaranteed playoff place rather than risking falling out of the playoffs if the season continued.
The teams outside the playoffs would vote against ending the season as it currently stands but that may only go down as far as Reading who are basically as close to the relegation zone as they are to the playoff places.
Anyone below Reading (other than the current bottom 3) would probably want to end the season now and avoid the risk of being dragged into a relegation fight.
So with my basic maths thats probably 13 teams out of 24 who would vote to end the season now with the table as it stands (i.e. more than 50%)
Cue dancing in the streets of Smethwick!

You would think so, but it looks like Leeds, at least, will be voting for a restart, which swings things in favour of finishing the season.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...arrassment
(05-22-2020, 03:28 PM)74bus Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 01:48 PM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote: The statement suggests that for the season to be finished based on the current table, more than half the teams in each division would need to vote for it.
In our division us and Leeds would obviously be happy with that. Of the teams in the playoff places probably only Fulham would think they could realistically catch us or Leeds and the other 3 would possibly prefer the guaranteed playoff place rather than risking falling out of the playoffs if the season continued.
The teams outside the playoffs would vote against ending the season as it currently stands but that may only go down as far as Reading who are basically as close to the relegation zone as they are to the playoff places.
Anyone below Reading (other than the current bottom 3) would probably want to end the season now and avoid the risk of being dragged into a relegation fight.
So with my basic maths thats probably 13 teams out of 24 who would vote to end the season now with the table as it stands (i.e. more than 50%)

You would think so, but it looks like Leeds, at least, will be voting for a restart, which swings things in favour of finishing the season.

It would be hilarious if this happened and they cocked it up again!  Big Grin
(05-22-2020, 03:58 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

Agree, but I'm more worried about us cocking it up to be honest!

Apparently we're voting to continue as well

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(05-22-2020, 04:12 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

Cuzer

Carry on as we did vs Wigan and Swansea and we could see Fulham far too close for comfort... with them still to play. I'm hoping Albion and Leeds are in public making noises about carrying on but in a secret ballot will vote to curtail the season and ensure promotion
(05-22-2020, 04:23 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 04:12 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

Cuzer

Carry on as we did vs Wigan and Swansea and we could see Fulham far too close for comfort... with them still to play. I'm hoping Albion and Leeds are in public making noises about carrying on but in a secret ballot will vote to curtail the season and ensure promotion

That's what I hope too. I can just see this all going horribly wrong for us...
For Christ’s sake have faith. We will get promoted one way or another we have been in top two all season so why should things change. The club and management have total faith in players and so do I.
(05-22-2020, 05:16 PM)wba13 Wrote: For Christ’s sake have faith. We will get promoted one way or another we have been in top two all season so why should things change. The club and management have total faith in players and so do I.

Plus we have a fully fit squad (including Jan additions) for the first time this season.

Come on you Baggies.
We could have Diangana back,we’ve only lost once with him in the team!