EFL Statement
This is a definite change in tone. With the expenses and logistics involved in running matches, I'm wondering if there is a turn towards ending the season, but still having the play-offs.

It helps that the top two teams have been in those positions since September.
(05-21-2020, 02:55 PM)Squid Wrote: This is a definite change in tone. With the expenses and logistics involved in running matches, I'm wondering if there is a turn towards ending the season, but still having the play-offs.

It helps that the top two teams have been in those positions since September.

If Leeds and us went up as autos, I don't think there could be too much complaint.
Apparently we’ll vote to play on. Turkeys do vote for Christmas after all.
(05-21-2020, 03:11 PM)steviedm Wrote: Apparently we’ll vote to play on. Turkeys do vote for Christmas after all.

You can say whatever you like before a vote takes place, it's what happens on the day  Smile . If were were to finish the season, which I don't think we will, you also wonder that having a mini-cup competition just to decide on third place seems a bit daft given that will take another 50 % of time allocated to the remaining fixtures.
(05-21-2020, 03:11 PM)steviedm Wrote: Apparently we’ll vote to play on. Turkeys do vote for Christmas after all.

Good, obviously this is the biggest threat to our promotion chances but it's the only fair way to finish the season and I'll be happy if we keep to our principles unlike the select Premier League clubs acting purely in self interest.
(05-21-2020, 03:30 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

Good, obviously this is the biggest threat to our promotion chances but it's the only fair way to finish the season and I'll be happy if we keep to our principles unlike the select Premier League clubs acting purely in self interest.

Agree but we have to be careful how we vote as a club. I can't see us voting against restarting. 

Wouldn't look good at all imo.....
We have to do what's best for us, principles aside.

13 votes are required to stop the season, IMO it'll be close to that number when a vote happens. We absolutely should be voting to finish now
With only 3 points between Preston in sixth & Swansea in eleventh, I would assume the nine clubs from 3rd to 11th, & definitely the bottom three would vote to play on, if possible.
(05-21-2020, 04:25 PM)Sliced Wrote: We have to do what's best for us, principles aside.

13 votes are required to stop the season, IMO it'll be close to that number when a vote happens. We absolutely should be voting to finish now

This^

Why on earth would we risk a restart when finishing now would 100% guarantee promotion?? Huh
Surely ourselves and Leeds will vote for the season to end to ensure our promotion. Hope enough other clubs do likewise.