Running Clique
(02-10-2022, 10:08 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 10:02 AM)Duffers Wrote: Two weeks on Sunday. At the stage of training now where I’m doing a big 10+ mile run at the weekend and a shorter (10k) run in the week to keep the legs warm. It’s not going to be a quick one by any stretch but that doesn’t matter.

Isn’t the London marathon ballot due soon?

I've no idea. I've got unfinished business with London after a quite spectacular blow up last time and have vowed not to enter again until I get a good for age place.

I ran it in 2019 and despite my instance “never again” I still enter the ballot every year.
Just entered the Hackney Half in May.

Good incentive to keep my fitness up beyond Brighton and work towards a time. Have every intention in doing that under 2 hours.
I have entered the Kew Half Marathon in April, working on trying to get in under 2hrs 10. 3 weeks into training programme, I hate intervals.
(02-10-2022, 03:31 PM)BasingBaggie Wrote: I have entered the Kew Half Marathon in April, working on trying to get in under 2hrs 10. 3 weeks into training programme, I hate intervals.

Good work. Intervals never get easier, mind.
Kids brought noravirus home this week so haven’t managed to get out, but went out today and managed 5k in 26.29 4 secs off my pb. Strange as I’ve only been out twice in 2 weeks, as opposed to the usual 3 times a week. Happy with that though.
In the form of his life.
Broke my BP today, down to 26.17.
In the form of his life.
Good effort Midge, although be careful running max effort every two days.
Cheers, yeah thanks, something to be wary of. Might try and plot a couple of shorter routes to keep me ticking over.
In the form of his life.
(02-14-2022, 03:16 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Broke my BP today, down to 26.17.

Nice work mon.
26.19 today, think I've found my comfort level here.
In the form of his life.