If The Premier League Finished Now.
I know it's all about the Prem and to a much smaller degree The Champ, but have you seen how close the leagues below us are. I really think that the simplest, least legally challenging method, is simply to finish the season. Assuming football will start again somewhen, just play the 9 games then. Whenever that may be. The players contracts are the minefield but much less time consuming than a free for all solicitors bunfight over scrapping the season or finishing it as we all stand.
As a few have said (on here), the fact it is Liverpool at the top is a big advantage to those that don't want to see the season nullified.
(04-20-2020, 04:58 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I know it's all about the Prem and to a much smaller degree The Champ, but have you seen how close the leagues below us are. I really think that the simplest, least legally challenging method, is simply to finish the season. Assuming football will start again somewhen, just play the 9 games then. Whenever that may be.  The players contracts are the minefield but much less time consuming than a free for all solicitors bunfight over scrapping the season or finishing it as we all stand.
As a few have said (on here), the fact it is Liverpool at the top is a big advantage to those that don't want to see the season nullified.

I think you're right. No solution is perfect, but this is the easiest (although not easy!)

They'll get tested, they'll play the games behind closed doors and sky will televise the football extravaganza!

Did I read somewhere that the government (or whoever) have temporarily lifted the ban on televising 3pm games? A clue if ever there was one!

(04-20-2020, 10:17 AM)hudds Wrote: loath

You're quite right. I suppose I could just pretend it was a typing error.... Blush
Restart May 2021 sounds about right ?
Thought they're all very good renditions.  

My absolute favourite has to be, 

"Does this mean we can play in Europe next year,    
aswell as the Championship?" Big Grin
(04-21-2020, 09:12 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Thought they're all very good renditions.  

My absolute favourite has to be, 

"Does this mean we can play in Europe next year,    
aswell as the Championship?" Big Grin

P23 have you forgotten the world cup qualifiers ? And the Olympic football.