Albums to Explore for an extended lockdown
The Murder Capital - When I have Fears
Snapped Ankles - Come Play the Trees
Watmduscher - Tainted Lunch

Anyone joining in with Tim Burgess listening parties on Twitter. They've been excellent and a great way of listening to classic old albums.
Not so much albums, but podcasts where Devin Townsend talks about the making of his albums (except for his very earliest records - Punky Bruster and SYL's debut Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing). He's working through them chronologically.

#1 is Ocean Machine
#2 is Strapping Young Lad's classic City
#3 is Infinity
#4 is Physicist
#5 is Terria (this dropped today).

They're all 1 hour 45 minutes long and Devin talks about his life, feelings/emotions at the time of recording and a track by track run through about it's genesis and lyrics.

It may not appeal to everyone, but if you're a Devin fan, they're very interesting. All available on YouTube.
I tell you what, there are some cracking suggestions on here and the other thread. Some proper gems. I'd suggest (off the top of my head) Morning Phase by Beck. Combined with opiate-based painkillers it got me through some tough stuff indeed.
Goodbye Jumbo - World Party
Get To Heaven - Everything Everything
Blank Project - Neneh Cherry
Rising - Rainbow

To celebrate Ritchie Blackmore's 75th birthday today.
Annie Lennox - Diva
The Waterboys-Fisherman Blues
Neil Young After the Gold Rush

A few to try
(04-14-2020, 08:19 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Rising - Rainbow

Cracking album. Brings back childhood memories.
(04-15-2020, 08:07 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

There's a house on our estate that has a copy of "Down to Earth" up in the window in lieu of a kids drawing. Med me smile anyway. Ritchie is a proper player.
(04-14-2020, 11:57 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Not so much albums, but podcasts where Devin Townsend talks about the making of his albums (except for his very earliest records - Punky Bruster and SYL's debut Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing). He's working through them chronologically.

#1 is Ocean Machine
#2 is Strapping Young Lad's classic City
#3 is Infinity
#4 is Physicist
#5 is Terria (this dropped today).

They're all 1 hour 45 minutes long and Devin talks about his life, feelings/emotions at the time of recording and a track by track run through about it's genesis and lyrics.

It may not appeal to everyone, but if you're a Devin fan, they're very interesting. All available on YouTube.

Wish I had the time to give them all a listen, Devin is awesome.
In the form of his life.
(04-15-2020, 08:19 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 08:07 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

There's a house on our estate that has a copy of "Down to Earth" up in the window in lieu of a kids drawing. Med me smile anyway. Ritchie is a proper player.

Excellent. Like that.