Next Season
(04-24-2020, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:32 AM)wba13 Wrote: Cannot see how football can continue in June, when the another big contact sport cricket has been cancelled until  at least July. Now I love football and miss it terribly but it’s not the b all and end all . Life, health  and safety has to be put first . This is  Sky and BT sport driving this continuation as they want there money’s worth. But for me this ain’t gonna happen.

Cricket’s a contact sport?!?

What version have you been watching?

Obviously, the tit cricket.     Big Grin
(04-24-2020, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 09:32 AM)wba13 Wrote: Cannot see how football can continue in June, when the another big contact sport cricket has been cancelled until  at least July. Now I love football and miss it terribly but it’s not the b all and end all . Life, health  and safety has to be put first . This is  Sky and BT sport driving this continuation as they want there money’s worth. But for me this ain’t gonna happen.

Cricket’s a contact sport?!?

What version have you been watching?

The part where the ball hits the bat  Big Grin
(04-24-2020, 10:04 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:32 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:08 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Remind me. How many people in the UK had the virus at the end of Feb and how many have it now?
How many deaths at the start of Feb and how many now?

No idea. that is my point. tell me how do you know it will spread like wildfire if we get together again in 3 months. you are making the assumption that it hasnt spread like wildfire to date and therefore because not many have had it to date it would thus potentially spread like wildfire. You are making it up and basically scaremongering.

Jesus fucking wept. The one thing I am not doing is scaremongering.  When I’ve received “news” from social bullshit Media the first thing I do is see if I can validate what “news” I’ve received. If I can’t, then I do not forward it on.

The post you quoted I wrote TWELVE days ago and I still stand by what I wrote which THE GOVERNMENT stated yesterday that social distancing would continue until at least the end of the year.  They have also stated, as other countries have that to come out of lockdown too soon would cause a second spike that the NHS wouldn’t be able to cope with. 

If you don’t think we are fucked until there is a vaccine, then be my guest and continue to keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Otherwise may I suggest you read the news from a lot of outlets as I do.
Think you need some fresh air.
You said it will spread like wild fire in a second wave. I therefore deduced from that that you also believe it has spread like wildfire in the last 2 months.That means from your original statement that millions could have already had the virus and be recovered or asymptomatic.

That's all I said. I never said I believed your original statement. I just like putting the other side of the useless factless fiction fuckwits are putting out on social media.or boreds like this.

Dumbo will shout at me if I do Big Grin

On 1st March there were 36 cases and we are now up to 138,000.  These are numbers admitted to hospital and do not include those who had the virus and stayed at home or in care homes.  I’d say that was pretty rapid rate if increase given it’s less than 8 weeks.  

With our current “lockdown” policy the rate of spread is 1, i.e. an infected person is, on average, currently passing the virus to 1 other person. whereas previously it was 2.5.  If we remove the lockdown and social distancing measures we will be going back to 2.5.

Re fake news, I think the instigators who intentionally create fake news for social media should be given a custodial sentence.  I received an audio clip on a group WhatsApp chat a couple of weeks ago from a female who stated she worked for the ambulance service and the audio contained lots of scaremongering.  I said to my friends it was bollocks due some of the content of the audio being incorrect (rate of deaths amongst young children and babies etc).  It’s beyond me why some people create this when people are losing their lives.

What has been reported only. Not actual cases. Actual cases could be 10/20/30/50 times that - in fact they are bound to be. Hence the actual number of cases could well run to the millions and thus many people will have already had it and recovered without knowing. Thus we can elucidate that any second wave may not spread like wildfire at all as the major population centres have already been hit.

A reported 37500 empty beds over Easter (although I'm not sure I believe that) and NHS coping as it stands. Kings College expert reckons were storing up a Big C timebomb if people can't get other treatment soon. Got to get people back to work with most likely leisure/food industries last to open
(04-24-2020, 01:21 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:08 PM)billybassett Wrote: No idea. that is my point. tell me how do you know it will spread like wildfire if we get together again in 3 months. you are making the assumption that it hasnt spread like wildfire to date and therefore because not many have had it to date it would thus potentially spread like wildfire. You are making it up and basically scaremongering.

Jesus fucking wept. The one thing I am not doing is scaremongering.  When I’ve received “news” from social bullshit Media the first thing I do is see if I can validate what “news” I’ve received. If I can’t, then I do not forward it on.

The post you quoted I wrote TWELVE days ago and I still stand by what I wrote which THE GOVERNMENT stated yesterday that social distancing would continue until at least the end of the year.  They have also stated, as other countries have that to come out of lockdown too soon would cause a second spike that the NHS wouldn’t be able to cope with. 

If you don’t think we are fucked until there is a vaccine, then be my guest and continue to keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Otherwise may I suggest you read the news from a lot of outlets as I do.
You said it will spread like wild fire in a second wave. I therefore deduced from that that you also believe it has spread like wildfire in the last 2 months.That means from your original statement that millions could have already had the virus and be recovered or asymptomatic.

That's all I said. I never said I believed your original statement. I just like putting the other side of the useless factless fiction fuckwits are putting out on social media.or boreds like this.

On 1st March there were 36 cases and we are now up to 138,000.  These are numbers admitted to hospital and do not include those who had the virus and stayed at home or in care homes.  I’d say that was pretty rapid rate if increase given it’s less than 8 weeks.  

With our current “lockdown” policy the rate of spread is 1, i.e. an infected person is, on average, currently passing the virus to 1 other person. whereas previously it was 2.5.  If we remove the lockdown and social distancing measures we will be going back to 2.5.

Re fake news, I think the instigators who intentionally create fake news for social media should be given a custodial sentence.  I received an audio clip on a group WhatsApp chat a couple of weeks ago from a female who stated she worked for the ambulance service and the audio contained lots of scaremongering.  I said to my friends it was bollocks due some of the content of the audio being incorrect (rate of deaths amongst young children and babies etc).  It’s beyond me why some people create this when people are losing their lives.

What has been reported only. Not actual cases. Actual cases could be 10/20/30/50 times that - in fact they are bound to be. Hence the actual number of cases could well run to the millions and thus many people will have already had it and recovered without knowing. Thus we can elucidate that any second wave may not spread like wildfire at all as the major population centres have already been hit.

A reported 37500 empty beds over Easter (although I'm not sure I believe that) and NHS coping as it stands. Kings College expert reckons were storing up a Big C timebomb if people can't get other treatment soon. Got to get people back to work with most likely leisure/food industries last to open

in the region of 10 times maybe, but 30 or 50? Highly unlikely. Most of the cases are located in London and the South East or the West Midlands, if it had spread that much every third person in the worst hit areas would have had it already. Even if actual cases were 50 times those confirmed, there would still be roughly 60m people who hadn't yet been infected.
(04-24-2020, 02:57 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 01:21 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Jesus fucking wept. The one thing I am not doing is scaremongering.  When I’ve received “news” from social bullshit Media the first thing I do is see if I can validate what “news” I’ve received. If I can’t, then I do not forward it on.

in the region of 10 times maybe, but 30 or 50? Highly unlikely. Most of the cases are located in London and the South East or the West Midlands, if it had spread that much every third person in the worst hit areas would have had it already. Even if actual cases were 50 times those confirmed, there would still be roughly 60m people who hadn't yet been infected.

If you want some mathematics and calculations done you only needed to ask.
To get the number of people who have already been infected you have to apply reverse logic
Approx 30,000 people have passed away IMO when you round up the missing numbers.
We are told the death rate is approx. 3% so approx. 1 million must have already been infected.
Simple maths - only 64 million to go.  Big Grin
We also don’t know the number of asymptomatic cases. Reports are varying wildly as to what the percentage may be. If that’s a reasonably high percentage, then it’s very possible it could be 50 tines the number reported that have had Covid, given most who have had mild symptoms just stayed at home and didn’t get tested and therefore aren’t in the confirmed cases numbers either.

There’s so many statistical variables it’s a nightmare trying to make accurate predictions.
We are not going to be able to hide in our houses until there's a vaccine. They are already talking about this lockdown causing an economic crisis worse than the Great Depression.

Everyone will have to go back to work and that includes footballers. The Bundesliga is ready to go from May https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825
(04-24-2020, 03:17 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: We also don’t know the number of asymptomatic cases. Reports are varying wildly as to what the percentage may be. If that’s a reasonably high percentage, then it’s very possible it could be 50 tines the number reported that have had Covid, given most who have had mild symptoms just stayed at home and didn’t get tested and therefore aren’t in the confirmed cases numbers either.

There’s so many statistical variables it’s a nightmare trying to make accurate predictions.

When you have variables - you guess high on some numbers and low on others - so your results are never miles 
away from the real number. As long as you are reasonable you won't be far out.  Tongue

Long term with no vaccine, the UK can expect approaching 2 million deaths from CV19 directly or indirectly.
The Eredivisie - the top tier of football in the Netherlands - has been abandoned for the season with no title winners and no teams relegated.
Can’t see this happening here as Liverpool are to far in front. The Netherlands have banned any Major events until at least September .
(04-24-2020, 03:35 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 03:17 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: We also don’t know the number of asymptomatic cases. Reports are varying wildly as to what the percentage may be. If that’s a reasonably high percentage, then it’s very possible it could be 50 tines the number reported that have had Covid, given most who have had mild symptoms just stayed at home and didn’t get tested and therefore aren’t in the confirmed cases numbers either.

When you have variables - you guess high on some numbers and low on others - so your results are never miles 
away from the real number. As long as you are reasonable you won't be far out.  Tongue

Long term with no vaccine, the UK can expect approaching 2 million deaths from CV19 directly or indirectly.

No chance 2m. Death rate will be max 1% overall when everything is factored in