Next Season
(04-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:22 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Looks like now might be a good time to fire up the barby, FF.    Big Grin

I may as well jump on it.  If people can’t see what a horrific situation this is, then maybe they haven’t progressed from ladybird books. Big Grin

I really don't think, head in the sand is an apt description, it also could be construed as, derogatory to Ostriches.  Big Grin
(04-23-2020, 04:34 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:22 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Looks like now might be a good time to fire up the barby, FF.    Big Grin

I may as well jump on it.  If people can’t see what a horrific situation this is, then maybe they haven’t progressed from ladybird books. Big Grin

I really don't think, head in the sand is an apt description, it also could be construed as, derogatory to Ostriches.  Big Grin

Arf.  How the fuck was my post from 12 days ago scare mongering when to date, it’s sadly turning out to be true and the Government have effectively repeated what I said? FFS sake.

I think we need some football to chat about.
Been thinking. I don't think 75,000 would be enough.
Just been reading what Gary Neville has to say.An employer cannot put players livelihoods at risk He says as part owner of a football club, there will be liability issues. we have players who have diabetes and asthma do you think I would put there lives at risk for a game of football, no chance .As for testing players he says as for football clubs getting tens of thousands of testing kits when the front line can’t get them it ain’t gonna happen. I still believe football in this country is finished for the foreseeable future.
(04-23-2020, 06:18 PM)wba13 Wrote: Just been reading what Gary Neville has to say.An employer cannot put  players livelihoods at risk He says as part owner of a football club, there will be liability issues. we have players who have diabetes and asthma do you think I would put there lives at risk for a game of football, no chance .As for testing players he says as for football clubs getting tens of thousands of testing kits when the front line can’t get them it ain’t gonna happen.  I still believe football in this country is finished for the foreseeable future.

As it's over. It's about time you nominated your player of the season - I assume it's Jake  Big Grin
(04-23-2020, 06:18 PM)wba13 Wrote: Just been reading what Gary Neville has to say.An employer cannot put  players livelihoods at risk He says as part owner of a football club, there will be liability issues. we have players who have diabetes and asthma do you think I would put there lives at risk for a game of football, no chance .As for testing players he says as for football clubs getting tens of thousands of testing kits when the front line can’t get them it ain’t gonna happen.  I still believe football in this country is finished for the foreseeable future.

You almost touched on a very good point.  “Health and safety at work act”.  No doubt that will contain a section whereby the employer has to take adequate precautions to ensure their employees are not exposed to a hazardous substance etc.  It’s a legal minefield whatever they decide to do.
(04-23-2020, 04:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:08 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 03:40 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 09:32 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Until there is a vaccination for coronavirus I honestly can’t see large gatherings being allowed else the virus will just spread like wildfire again. 

I think social distancing will be here for quite a while.

So using your logic the virus can spread like wildfire, therefore we can assume it has already spread like wildfire and therefore from that we can postulate that maybe millions have people have had it already and recovered and thus your argument that it will spread like wildfire are wrong.

Remind me. How many people in the UK had the virus at the end of Feb and how many have it now?
How many deaths at the start of Feb and how many now?

No idea. that is my point. tell me how do you know it will spread like wildfire if we get together again in 3 months. you are making the assumption that it hasnt spread like wildfire to date and therefore because not many have had it to date it would thus potentially spread like wildfire. You are making it up and basically scaremongering.

Jesus fucking wept. The one thing I am not doing is scaremongering.  When I’ve received “news” from social bullshit Media the first thing I do is see if I can validate what “news” I’ve received. If I can’t, then I do not forward it on.

The post you quoted I wrote TWELVE days ago and I still stand by what I wrote which THE GOVERNMENT stated yesterday that social distancing would continue until at least the end of the year.  They have also stated, as other countries have that to come out of lockdown too soon would cause a second spike that the NHS wouldn’t be able to cope with. 

If you don’t think we are fucked until there is a vaccine, then be my guest and continue to keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Otherwise may I suggest you read the news from a lot of outlets as I do.
Think you need some fresh air.
You said it will spread like wild fire in a second wave. I therefore deduced from that that you also believe it has spread like wildfire in the last 2 months.That means from your original statement that millions could have already had the virus and be recovered or asymptomatic.

That's all I said. I never said I believed your original statement. I just like putting the other side of the useless factless fiction fuckwits are putting out on social media.or boreds like this.
Cannot see how football can continue in June, when the another big contact sport cricket has been cancelled until at least July. Now I love football and miss it terribly but it’s not the b all and end all . Life, health and safety has to be put first . This is Sky and BT sport driving this continuation as they want there money’s worth. But for me this ain’t gonna happen.
(04-23-2020, 09:32 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:19 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:08 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 03:40 PM)billybassett Wrote: So using your logic the virus can spread like wildfire, therefore we can assume it has already spread like wildfire and therefore from that we can postulate that maybe millions have people have had it already and recovered and thus your argument that it will spread like wildfire are wrong.

Remind me. How many people in the UK had the virus at the end of Feb and how many have it now?
How many deaths at the start of Feb and how many now?

No idea. that is my point. tell me how do you know it will spread like wildfire if we get together again in 3 months. you are making the assumption that it hasnt spread like wildfire to date and therefore because not many have had it to date it would thus potentially spread like wildfire. You are making it up and basically scaremongering.

Jesus fucking wept. The one thing I am not doing is scaremongering.  When I’ve received “news” from social bullshit Media the first thing I do is see if I can validate what “news” I’ve received. If I can’t, then I do not forward it on.

The post you quoted I wrote TWELVE days ago and I still stand by what I wrote which THE GOVERNMENT stated yesterday that social distancing would continue until at least the end of the year.  They have also stated, as other countries have that to come out of lockdown too soon would cause a second spike that the NHS wouldn’t be able to cope with. 

If you don’t think we are fucked until there is a vaccine, then be my guest and continue to keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Otherwise may I suggest you read the news from a lot of outlets as I do.
Think you need some fresh air.
You said it will spread like wild fire in a second wave. I therefore deduced from that that you also believe it has spread like wildfire in the last 2 months.That means from your original statement that millions could have already had the virus and be recovered or asymptomatic.

That's all I said. I never said I believed your original statement. I just like putting the other side of the useless factless fiction fuckwits are putting out on social media.or boreds like this.

Dumbo will shout at me if I do Big Grin

On 1st March there were 36 cases and we are now up to 138,000.  These are numbers admitted to hospital and do not include those who had the virus and stayed at home or in care homes.  I’d say that was pretty rapid rate if increase given it’s less than 8 weeks.  

With our current “lockdown” policy the rate of spread is 1, i.e. an infected person is, on average, currently passing the virus to 1 other person. whereas previously it was 2.5.  If we remove the lockdown and social distancing measures we will be going back to 2.5.

Re fake news, I think the instigators who intentionally create fake news for social media should be given a custodial sentence.  I received an audio clip on a group WhatsApp chat a couple of weeks ago from a female who stated she worked for the ambulance service and the audio contained lots of scaremongering.  I said to my friends it was bollocks due some of the content of the audio being incorrect (rate of deaths amongst young children and babies etc).  It’s beyond me why some people create this when people are losing their lives.
(04-24-2020, 09:32 AM)wba13 Wrote: Cannot see how football can continue in June, when the another big contact sport cricket has been cancelled until  at least July. Now I love football and miss it terribly but it’s not the b all and end all . Life, health  and safety has to be put first . This is  Sky and BT sport driving this continuation as they want there money’s worth. But for me this ain’t gonna happen.

Cricket’s a contact sport?!?

What version have you been watching?