When will the lockdown get more strict??
(04-12-2020, 07:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I was quantifying my point by listening and reading the stories from the health professionals themselves. I trust them more than those making the decisions above them. I dint know if I should but given the choice I will always sydecwirg those doing the job.

I think you're absolutely right. Although, it's a little like trade unions and management, it's unlikely you'll get the complete picture by talking to either in isolation. Both sides are obviously passionate and believe what they are saying. Unfortunately that means the truth gets stretched for 'the greater good'. I'm sure you've also read of scientists releasing statements saying that their findings have been 'misinterpreted' by one side or another.

Unfortunately, though, many people believe in heroes and villains and only get the information from one scource. With google's search and sharing policies this is getting worse. 

I know I sound pedantic and argumentative when I question statistics and experts, but that is why. I know I know less than the experts and that's why it's more frustration that I can't get a handle on what is the real 'truth'.

As an example, I read a report that said ethnic minorities are more susceptible to Corona. It cited a statistic that said something like 30% of sufferers of Corona are BME, yet the population is only 10%. It went on about how we tend to live in large famililes together and a lot of us can't speak English to get help, so that may be the reason. 

Further reading of the SAME ARTICLE said that corona has affected London more and 40% of the population in London is BME. It doesn't take a degree in maths to figure out that based on this, that Corona affects BME in exactly the same way as everybody else. My relief was so great, the first thing I did was to climb up into the attic where my third cousin, second removed lives with his wife and children and tell him that he shouldn't worry. I have to speak in Swahili as he won't use English as it's the voice of the oppressor. It takes a while though because we were both brought up in Birmingham and we only have one Swahili dictionary between us.

(that little rant wasn't aimed at you or any person in particular, by the way! I've just got a little too much time on my hands...)
[Image: EVbq8nhWsAIRyDr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: EVbrM-UXsAEtcTp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Daily death rates seem likely to be hitting a peak soon and new cases per day seems to have levelled off. If that holds for another week or starts to trend downwards then I doubt the lockdown will get more strict.