Return to school
Personally I am favour in re-opening in September, assuming it is safe to do so then.

Although I think there is an argument for years 10 and 12 returning before summer, unless I have completely missed the news they have cancelled exams for 2021.

That said I think there is a political consideration here, public opinion at the moment is backing the Govt's lockdown policy, forward 6 weeks to hopefully when the number of cases and deaths are much reduced, there will be many people wanting desperately to get back to normal, will Govt be able to resist that pressure.
(04-09-2020, 09:11 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 09:02 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: They aren’t doing exams are they? I thought it was going to be based on mocks and course work etc? Wtf would you allow kids back to school barely two or three weeks after the anticipated peak? Utter madness teenagers by their very nature are irresponsible and risk takers the idea they will dutifully respect social distancing and washing hands is complete bollocks. If they go back to school before Sept I think it’ll be deeply irresponsible and right of centre commentators aren’t known for putting people before profit are they?

I said that (a bit shorter) 

Perhaps primary school kids let back earlier to ease pressure on parents goong back to work.

School isnt a creche so the parents can go back to work.
Some parents do you use it as a creche......some of the things I've read is unreal

Why cant they open just for half a day so I can have some time for myself I shit you not
I'd be amazed if the schools are open again before September.
No chance of being able to keep 5, 6 or 7 year olds 2 metres apart. Then there's the issue of dozens of moms and dads turning up en masse at 3.30. 
If older kids aren't taking exams and it being based on their work to date I cant see the point in them returning before September