Ten bus drivers in London have died
(04-07-2020, 09:14 AM)hudds Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:58 AM)hudds Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:56 AM)hudds Wrote: I am making an observation as a regular user of buses, especially in London, that is all.  I support public transport and staff.

No probs but when workers start complaining I tend to believe them rather than senior management types.
?

I just felt your first post was a bit dismissive of what the actual people doing the job were saying. The bosses are already contradicting the bus drivers which is hardly going to help relations between the workforce when ten of their colleagues have died. 

I know you support the staff so apologies for any confusion.
I wasn't being dismissive - I was just remarking about interaction being the public and drivers being minimal as a rule (which is sad in its own way in the general course of things).  The bus from Boston to Skegness has no screen and accepts cash, which is OK in normal times. 

Re the hand rub and wipes for them - I am busting a gut to keep this moving, partly to get pure ethanol to front line staff (not just in "finished product" like hand rub (whihc was the first battle) but now for eg santizing internal mask filters for emergency services) without paralyzing £30 per litre duty and without need for authorization from HMRC.  There's also advice/procedure being asked on switching production eg bioethanol to santizer.  I do this unpaid cos somebody has to.

Hud’s this was not a personal dig at you and hats off for doing this. It is really appreciated by those at the sharp end of this situation. I am just at a loss to say how disappointed I am to see so many frontline staff of all walks of life so poorly protected.
(04-07-2020, 09:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:14 AM)hudds Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:58 AM)hudds Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 08:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: No probs but when workers start complaining I tend to believe them rather than senior management types.
?

I just felt your first post was a bit dismissive of what the actual people doing the job were saying. The bosses are already contradicting the bus drivers which is hardly going to help relations between the workforce when ten of their colleagues have died. 

I know you support the staff so apologies for any confusion.
I wasn't being dismissive - I was just remarking about interaction being the public and drivers being minimal as a rule (which is sad in its own way in the general course of things).  The bus from Boston to Skegness has no screen and accepts cash, which is OK in normal times. 

Re the hand rub and wipes for them - I am busting a gut to keep this moving, partly to get pure ethanol to front line staff (not just in "finished product" like hand rub (whihc was the first battle) but now for eg santizing internal mask filters for emergency services) without paralyzing £30 per litre duty and without need for authorization from HMRC.  There's also advice/procedure being asked on switching production eg bioethanol to santizer.  I do this unpaid cos somebody has to.

Hud’s this was not a personal dig at you and hats off for doing this. It is really appreciated by those at the sharp end of this situation. I am just at a loss to say how disappointed I am to see so many frontline staff of all walks of life so poorly protected.
S'OK.  When we can draw breath there's some "interesting" stuff to come out - I literally could weep.
I suppose it's a possibility they share locker and canteen facilities, changing rooms, etc all pose a significant risk at the moment. Let's not forget this virus is a 2 way thing and the last thing any of us want is a bus driver who is in contact with 100s of people a day spreading it. As well as the poor bus drivers who neither want it themselves PPE if it helps why not ?
none of this will be Mayor Sadiq Khan's fault. It will all be down to 15 years of Tory rule and austerity. The man is truly Trumpian in his celebration of his own omnipotence, and his manipulation of facts to deflect any criticism of his abysmal tenure, onto others.
(04-07-2020, 09:52 AM)Offside Wrote: none of this will be Mayor Sadiq Khan's fault.  It will all be down to 15 years of Tory rule and austerity.   The man is truly Trumpian in his celebration of his own omnipotence, and his manipulation of facts to deflect any criticism of his abysmal tenure,  onto others.

FFS another moronic political broadcast. Jog on.