Barmouth today
Looks lovely again today. I love getting chips and watching the trains coming in.
More people out and about today. Drove past B&Q whilst making an essential journey and it was rammed. Lockdown cant last much longer
(04-25-2020, 02:29 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: More people out and about today. Drove past B&Q whilst making an essential journey and it was rammed. Lockdown cant last much longer

Yes, went food shopping in Halesowen earlier and came back past BQ Mucklows, massive queue to get in store, why do they do it?
(04-25-2020, 08:46 AM)baggpuss Wrote: We usually do the Welsh Castles Relay (20 x 10 mile legs from Caernarfon to Cardiff) and I have done the Barmouth - Dolgellau a few times across the railway bridge.
Always use the campsite at the end of the Prom - Cracking place!

It's stunning, the north Wales coast.

Had some fantastic times there over many decades!

Walking up and down Harlech beach is something we aim to do at least once a year.
(04-25-2020, 03:31 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 08:46 AM)baggpuss Wrote: We usually do the Welsh Castles Relay (20 x 10 mile legs from Caernarfon to Cardiff) and I have done the Barmouth - Dolgellau a few times across the railway bridge.

Walking up and down Harlech beach is something we aim to do at least once a year.
Ain't that the truth.  West Wales too.
(04-25-2020, 03:31 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Love going to Borth too!
One day we will return here...

https://www.merionethyachtclub.co.uk/myc...pdate.html
One day I will return here. This has been my favourite holiday destination for a number of years. Quiet, and not many British tourists as no UK travel agent has been supplying packages there for about 10 years. Luverly. Hopefully next year I will be on that beach again.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhot...egean.html
I generally find British travellers to be fine, outside of the lager sunburn destinations.

Russians are generally cunts. Some Aussies are too.

Given the choice, I'd mingle with Scandi and Baltic state people abroad. And Canadian over US.
I like to get away from Brits. That beach has mainly Greeks from the local village as most tourists aren’t aware it exists.