Currently listening to...
(04-05-2020, 08:30 PM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: An original Atlantic Records pressing of Led Zeppelin.

Plum label or orange ? Wink

Turquoise lettering or orange?
(04-05-2020, 11:58 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Sadly my records and my superb Cambridge Audio kit are now locked down in France.
Just wondering what systems everyone else are running nowadays?
Maybe a good new thread/post to start?

I think it may have been done before - but good idea!
(04-05-2020, 08:18 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Mer De Noms. The first album by Maynard James Keenan's side project: A Perfect Circle, from 2000.

Kinell. I didn't realise it was 20 years old.

I was listening to Thirteenth Step yesterday, not a patch on Mer De Noms mind.
(04-05-2020, 08:44 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 11:58 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Sadly my records and my superb Cambridge Audio kit are now locked down in France.

I'll go then - fairly budget but sounds pretty good

Pro-Ject Elemental TT with Ortofon cartridge
Chromecast Audio using optical connector
Marantz PM6006 Amp
Q Acoustics 2050 floorstanding speakers

I'd like a Rega turntable but can't justify the outlay considering how often I use the turntable I have.
(04-05-2020, 09:16 PM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 08:44 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

I'll go then - fairly budget but sounds pretty good

Pro-Ject Elemental TT with Ortofon cartridge
Chromecast Audio using optical connector
Marantz PM6006 Amp
Q Acoustics 2050 floorstanding speakers

I'd like a Rega turntable but can't justify the outlay considering how often I use the turntable I have.

Dual CS 505 Turntable
NAD 3020B Amp
B&W DM 110 Speakers

Bought them all in the 80s and still working perfectly.
I got into vinyl about 6-7 years ago. Bought a cheap old Sony amp and Sony turntable off eBay (about 30 quid each) and some speakers for about the same price. Intention was that I could replace with better piece by piece... all this time and I’m still using the same gear, just changed the cartridge a couple of times.

Oh and that Zeppelin album was turquoise. It’s not even mine, my wife’s uncle was a collector and left me a few when he died.

Only just realised how valuable it is!!!
Managed to get Richer Sounds in Brum to demo my kit before purchasing, which a great service they provide.
Mordaunt speakers with the Cambridge Audio Amp, CD, Tuner modules. Interestingly I'm also using a Sony turntable for my vinyl. As an aside I have a Denon SS system which plays CDs with excellent sound quality, but the matched Denon DVD player is no better then a bog standard DVD player.
(04-06-2020, 07:36 AM)Duffers Wrote:
Oh and that Zeppelin album was turquoise. It’s not even mine, my wife’s uncle was a collector and left me a few when he died.

I didn’t expect for a minute that you’d have the turquoise version! You’re looking at a minimum of £500, going up past £1000 depending on the condition of it. I can point you in the direction of the best auction houses to sell it should you ever want to cash in.
(04-06-2020, 08:11 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:

I didn’t expect for a minute that you’d have the turquoise version! You’re looking at a minimum of £500, going up past £1000 depending on the condition of it. I can point you in the direction of the best auction houses to sell it should you ever want to cash in.

Duf are you referring to the album being turquoise or the writing on the album sleeve?
(04-06-2020, 08:25 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 08:11 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:

Duf are you referring to the album being turquoise or the writing on the album sleeve?

Sleeve.

I’ve just been playing it as I would any record. And I’ll continue to do so.