Currently listening to...
(04-05-2020, 11:58 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Sadly my records and my superb Cambridge Audio kit are now locked down in France.
Just wondering what systems everyone else are running nowadays?
Maybe a good new thread/post to start?

Got a pair of Acoustic Solutions (Cambridge audio owned) floorstanders bi-wired with a monsterous pair of vintage (mid 80's) B&W floorstanders through a Marantz amp. It sounds fuggin HUGE.

My 1210 sounds incredible through it.
In the form of his life.
(04-06-2020, 08:29 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 08:25 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 08:11 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 07:36 AM)Duffers Wrote:
Oh and that Zeppelin album was turquoise. It’s not even mine, my wife’s uncle was a collector and left me a few when he died.

Only just realised how valuable it is!!!

I didn’t expect for a minute that you’d have the turquoise version! You’re looking at a minimum of £500, going up past £1000 depending on the condition of it. I can point you in the direction of the best auction houses to sell it should you ever want to cash in.

Duf are you referring to the album being turquoise or the writing on the album sleeve?

Sleeve.

I’ve just been playing it as I would any record. And I’ll continue to do so.

You may want to wrap it up in cotton wool. A turquoise sleeve one currently on sale on eBay for £2,500 or their abouts.
(04-06-2020, 09:00 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: You may want to wrap it up in cotton wool. A turquoise sleeve one currently on sale on eBay for £2,500 or their abouts.

I'm not saying it's not super valuable, but ebay isn't the best reference for vinyl sales. I'd at least look at recently sold ones.
In the form of his life.
I finally faced up to the fact that the only source I use for music now is streaming so I have a Marantz 7000N 'streaming' amp with Dali Oberon 5 speakers fed by Tidal which is the best quality music streaming service. I'm really happy with it.
(04-06-2020, 09:06 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 09:00 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: You may want to wrap it up in cotton wool. A turquoise sleeve one currently on sale on eBay for £2,500 or their abouts.

I'm not saying it's not super valuable, but ebay isn't the best reference for vinyl sales. I'd at least look at recently sold ones.

You're right,
Stroller's value was probably nearer the mark.
I have a Creek integrated amp (5350SE) and the power amp inside the integrated amp drives one speaker. I then have a creek power amp (A53) which is the same as the power amp in the integrated amp driving the other speaker. The speakers are Ruark floor standing and I have them bi wired. All English.
Had a pretty shitty couple of weeks (no work due to everything being cancelled), my step dad passed away and my wife is in hospital, so I need a bit of healing. With that in mind...

Futha - Heilung
(04-07-2020, 02:42 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Had a pretty shitty couple of weeks (no work due to everything being cancelled), my step dad passed away and my wife is in hospital, so I need a bit of healing. With that in mind...

Futha - Heilung

Sorry to hear that mate.