Your First Car
Skoda S111r (fastback)
Sounds shitty, granted (Skoda) lol
Rare as hen's teeth these days.
Purchased second hand in '87 for £120

Great joys were to be had in said car for many a day before the bugger crashed into a neighbour's fence with me steering.
Me mates were pushing me as it wasn't running under its own steam (quite rapidly) and we flattened the swine and then ran like the wind lol.
Shane.
MG Metro in Azure Blue metallic.

It had the legendary A-Series 1275cc and silky smooth 4 speed gearbox (that I managed to pull apart)

The interior was very smart, grey velour and houndstooth fabric seats, red seat belts, and it went all around England, Scotland and Wales before I sold it.
My 1st car is probably a classic car now , a light green Ford Anglia Deluxe bought in 1975 £100!
Renault Cleo, which I bought about 20 years ago, and owned for about 3 years. Was a decent first car to be fair. I remember the first time I drove it to work in rush hour, I could have done with a shower when I reached the office, as I'd sweat that much!
[Image: 11440889.jpg]

Hillman Avenger 1600 FANNY MAGNET  Big Grin  £125.  The exhaust kept falling off - it sounded like a fucking tractor. Cornered like a boat but I absolutely loved it.
(04-04-2020, 10:58 AM)baggpuss Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 10:55 AM)fbaggy Wrote: W Reg blue (Circa 1990) Vauxhall Chevette saloon, more rust than metal on the wings, must have changed the gearbox about 4 times.

It used to shake itself to bits between about 40 and 70mph on the motorway but if I could get it above 70 everything calmed down again

Actually bought my first car from The Bank!  Big Grin

was it the one you pictured above? hope you and yours are keeping safe BP
1960s red Hillman Superminx with black soft top (bought in 1973). Reg. ABW 752B. Sold in the famed summer of 76. Soft top made it an easy sell, but sorry to see her go.
(04-05-2020, 10:44 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 10:58 AM)baggpuss Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 10:55 AM)fbaggy Wrote: W Reg blue (Circa 1990) Vauxhall Chevette saloon, more rust than metal on the wings, must have changed the gearbox about 4 times.

It used to shake itself to bits between about 40 and 70mph on the motorway but if I could get it above 70 everything calmed down again

Actually bought my first car from The Bank!  Big Grin

was it the one you pictured above? hope you and yours are keeping safe BP

No, I have no digital pics of my 'Avenue Rd purchase'!
Not doing too bad ta - still working and getting out for my Government Sanctioned run every day - yourselves?
Triumph Spitfire on the R plate. Superb.
MG 1100
Old English white, blk leather interior. Actually had a 1300cc engine. A nice hole in the footwell. Fresh cardboard needed in a regular basis. Quickly followed by a couple of Morris Marina's.