Jammy and unjust Albion wins
(03-31-2020, 09:38 AM)DAVE Wrote: Koumas and Lloyd Dyer. Sunlun away. 93rd minute. McAteer afterwards

What an end to a match!  Big Grin As soon as Dyer picked up the ball you knew the winner was on.
The 1-0 win at Old Trafford in 2015. Something like 20% possession and our goal coming from a shit Brunt free kick deflecting off Olsson's arse. Myhill bailing us out including a penalty save.
(03-31-2020, 11:52 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:45 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:41 AM)Offside Wrote: 1-0 at St Andrews in the 1980s.   A freezing day with snow on the ground and a pitch of solid ice.  We were both in relegation trouble if I remember correctly .  Blues missed half a dozen open goals.  A few minutes from the end of the game, at the Tilton Road end,  we had a corner.  Martyn Bennett with his back to the goal took a swing at the ball,  sliced it like a golf shot, the ball looped over his head and into the net.   A total fluke and a totally undeserved victory.   Bloody hell it was cold that day.

That the season we only won 4 games?

It was indeed. 

And Offside is absolutely spot on. Only away win that year

4 wins and yet we still did the double over Blues... we both went down didn't we? Vile just survived for one more year...

Personally I think we deserve every victory Smile Especially the Carl Valentine one mentioned above. He'd be in the shit players list if it wasn't for that goal... All I recall is he basically tripped over the ball, got up, went over again ended up almost sitting on the ball and then still slotted it home (I think their keeper was totally bamboozled by his falling over), still one of my most remembered goals ! (go on someone spoil it and say it was nothing like I describe!)
Hoping my brain isn't playing tricks but IIRC we once played PNE at home and won 1-0 with a Lee Hughes penalty. I considered it jammy because Hughesy won the penalty after his heel was clipped inside the penalty area as he chased a ball that was heading out for a throw. It was a welcome 3 points but a very hollow victory and formed my opinion that all the rules around penalties need reviewing.
(03-31-2020, 01:15 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:52 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:45 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:41 AM)Offside Wrote: 1-0 at St Andrews in the 1980s.   A freezing day with snow on the ground and a pitch of solid ice.  We were both in relegation trouble if I remember correctly .  Blues missed half a dozen open goals.  A few minutes from the end of the game, at the Tilton Road end,  we had a corner.  Martyn Bennett with his back to the goal took a swing at the ball,  sliced it like a golf shot, the ball looped over his head and into the net.   A total fluke and a totally undeserved victory.   Bloody hell it was cold that day.

That the season we only won 4 games?

It was indeed. 

And Offside is absolutely spot on. Only away win that year

4 wins and yet we still did the double over Blues... we both went down didn't we? Vile just survived for one more year...

Personally I think we deserve every victory Smile Especially the Carl Valentine one mentioned above. He'd be in the shit players list if it wasn't for that goal... All I recall is he basically tripped over the ball, got up, went over again ended up almost sitting on the ball and then still slotted it home (I think their keeper was totally bamboozled by his falling over), still one of my most remembered goals ! (go on someone spoil it and say it was nothing like I describe!)

Don’t think that goal is on YouTube anywhere so let you off lad  Big Grin
(03-31-2020, 01:38 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Hoping my brain isn't playing tricks but IIRC we once played PNE at home and won 1-0 with a Lee Hughes penalty. I considered it jammy because Hughesy won the penalty after his heel was clipped inside the penalty area as he chased a ball that was heading out for a throw. It was a welcome 3 points but a very hollow victory and formed my opinion that all the rules around penalties need reviewing.

Good spot pal - was at that game in the 2nd promotion season. 

Think Gould was the keeper and PNE deserved a draw. Ricky Fuller defo played up top for them
(03-31-2020, 09:40 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: Not a win but the 1-1 at St Andrews last season - we were absolutely fuggin awful and conspired to present Blues half a dozen golden chances due to pissing about at the back.

How we didn’t lose that day I couldn’t tell you.

I can't remember Blues having many great chances other than the penalty? I remember Barnes having a great chance after a good solo run that Camp saved well.
Yep, that is stretching it big style. We didn't play well, but not like we were taking a hammering. No way in any shape or form should this be on this thread.
(03-31-2020, 12:10 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:54 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:58 AM)Loanee Wrote: Not a win but the 1-1 vs city under Robson, Gaardsoe sent off after 17mins, Dunne og  with a few mins left.  Don’t think we had a shot on target

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...107833.stm

I had corporate hospitality that day. Was it over the Christmas period? I had to apologise to my hosts.

Back on topic, any Pulis 1-0 win must qualify.

Loffin Minstrel. I was in the RBS Box that day. I apologised and suggested the Pools Panel should of sat and overruled the result

It was a nice drive home. The meal was shit, though  Big Grin  Big Grin
Dingles away sometime in the 90s (fondly remembered as my drinking years hence not knowing which year) - Andy Hunt played the whole game without another Albion player within 50 feet of him. Long punt up field from one of their corners I think, he ran half the length of the pitch and put it away IIRC.
(03-31-2020, 02:18 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 01:38 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Hoping my brain isn't playing tricks but IIRC we once played PNE at home and won 1-0 with a Lee Hughes penalty. I considered it jammy because Hughesy won the penalty after his heel was clipped inside the penalty area as he chased a ball that was heading out for a throw. It was a welcome 3 points but a very hollow victory and formed my opinion that all the rules around penalties need reviewing.

Good spot pal - was at that game in the 2nd promotion season. 

Think Gould was the keeper and PNE deserved a draw. Ricky Fuller defo played up top for them

That's the one.