Worst ever WBA team
I remember  a night game against Pompey and I think it was strodder went for a tackle on their winger by the corner of the rainbow and the woodman corner missed him the player laughed at him ...strodder spat at him I thought this doesnt get any lower cue played on the Saturday after I think we lost  to Bradford at home 2-0 or 4-0  ,the first time I ever called a radio programme I was that disgusted
(03-30-2020, 11:24 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:17 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Sunshine Wrote: I witnessed a 0-2 reverse at Port Vale with Brian Little as manager.

I seem to remember we played with 6 centre halves and we were very lucky to score 0 and should have lost by 8. The mood was only mellowed by the 7 pints I had before the game and Big John having an al fresco defecation between pub and ground.

That was Crewe away. Defo 6 halves. Think Gabbidon played RW. 

We were utterly abysmal

It might have been 8 pints in my defence....

In the right region - but not county.  Big Grin
Remember a 5 - 0 thrashing at home by Forest, one of Ron Wylies last games in charge. Utterly abject, we an embarrasment, they went through us at will, could have had 8 or 9.
(03-31-2020, 10:04 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Remember a 5 - 0 thrashing at home by Forest, one of Ron Wylies last games in charge. Utterly abject, we an embarrasment, they went through us at will, could have had 8 or 9.

That was indeed his last game. Think the board asked him to sack his unpopular assistant - when he didn’t they potted RW

Giles improves things for about 12 months. Then the wheels fell off
the 1986 relegated team.... thankfully my memory has blocked most of them from my mind so I can't name them. Hands down the worst ever Albion team.
(03-31-2020, 01:25 PM)MassDebater Wrote: the 1986 relegated team.... thankfully my memory has blocked most of them from my mind so I can't name them. Hands down the worst ever Albion team.
Had gone in the forces then, so only got to 5 or 6 games that season. I recall Varadi, George Reilly, Gerry Armstrong, Jimmy Nicholl etc. Giles left after about 12 games and Saunders came in. Signed Naylor, Bradley,Dyson and Martin Dickinson ( what the ???).Bradley went on to be a good player for us, Naylor also.
The worst ever team is Bobby Gould's 1991-92 side. We've never finished that low down the football pyramid before or since. the 85/86 side might have just beaten them.

The 90/91 side, which got relegated in the first place, was pretty fucking abysmal too. Winston White!!

Which ground did Winston White make his WBA debut on?
(03-31-2020, 02:14 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: The worst ever team is Bobby Gould's 1991-92 side.  We've never finished that low down the football pyramid before or since.  the 85/86 side might have just beaten them.

The 90/91 side, which got relegated in the first place, was pretty fucking abysmal too.  Winston White!!

Can`t recall ( thank God ), it should also have been his last appearance. That season was , probably the worst I have seen in 48 years of watching Albion. The last game, Bristol Rovers, at Twerton Park was surely the lowest point imagineable. The following season, in Division 3 under Gould takes some beating too. Didn`t we play Fulham or somebody, 2 up with 15 minutes left and ended up losing? The Brummie had a sit in and that cretin came out with a microphone, pleading with us to leave?
(03-31-2020, 02:30 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 02:14 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: The worst ever team is Bobby Gould's 1991-92 side.  We've never finished that low down the football pyramid before or since.  the 85/86 side might have just beaten them.

The 90/91 side, which got relegated in the first place, was pretty fucking abysmal too.  Winston White!!

Can`t recall ( thank God ), it should also have been his last appearance. That season was , probably the worst I have seen in 48 years of watching Albion. The last game, Bristol Rovers, at Twerton Park was surely the lowest point imagineable. The following season, in Division 3 under Gould takes some beating too. Didn`t we play Fulham or somebody, 2 up with 15 minutes left and ended up losing? The Brummie had a sit in and that cretin came out with a microphone, pleading with us to leave?

i think the BRE sit-in happened a couple of times.  Fairly sure Swansea was one of them lost 2-3 from 2 up.  John Williams (the postman) played for Swansea and caused havoc with his pace.  The Bobbygouldyoureawanker came on to the BRE saying he'd wanting to sign him.

Oh and I'm fairly sure it was Selhurst Park - Charlton away. We lost 2-0 of course. I think Bobbygouldoureawanker came in and we lost 7 and lost drew 2 of the first 9. He claims we were unfortunate as we didn't lose any of our last 9. We won 2! So his actual record in those 18 games was 9 draws and 2 wins. Despite all that it was still in our own hands. FFS. Leicester miraculously had a delayed kick off. I fucking hate Leicester.
In the early months of 1992

January - lost away at Torquay, drew at Orient
March- lost at home to Hartlepool and away to Stockport drew at Bury
April- drew at home to Chester

Somethings have improved!