Worst Ever 16 Players
(03-30-2020, 10:07 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 09:41 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: Stewart Evans the worst ever, shouts out to,

James Quinn
Ronnie Wallwork

Wallwork pivotal in second half of the Great Escape Season.

Wallwork only seemed to be able to play under Robson - he was absolutely brilliant on loan at Bradford under him and finally looked like the player Fergie raved about when he joined us.

All fell apart again shortly after Robbo left.
(03-30-2020, 10:11 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I think Robbo made Wallwork his player of the season - not the fans choice - but maybe overrated and underrated in equal measure.

Oops Udeze was a great headline from somewhere I recall.

Thought Wallwork might spark a response but I'm still not having him, he was lazy and disinterested. Horrible player.
(03-29-2020, 07:57 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: As a response to the earlier, very interesting thread.
Haven`t had chance to think of a proper list but, to start off...

Kevin Steggles.
Stewart Evans.
Carsten Fredgaard.

Kwame Ampadu wants a word.
Just looked him up and in 473 senior appearances he managed to score the grand total of 19 goals. OK, he wasn't an out and out striker, but I bet his assist stats weren't much better.
Martin Dickingson was another dreadful player from the dark 80s
(03-30-2020, 08:14 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 08:08 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 10:28 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: For some reason, I suddenly remembered  Dave `diddy`Gilbert, Dave `smudge` Smith and John Paskin.

John Thomas was worse than Paskin

I remember his hat trick at Bradford.

Oh Johnny T from Wednesbury, he's got a stall on the market...
I preferred the earlier version of the song, rather than "he's got a stall on the market", but "his mates call him nobby"  Big Grin

Great hat-trick against Bradford. Fuck all afterwards.
(03-30-2020, 10:37 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 08:16 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Stewart Evan's is the worst Albion player I have ever seen.

+1

Hilariously bad.
Remember seeing Evans play, against Barnsley I think. Robert Hopkins put a cross in, Evans ran into the box, jumped and flexed his neck as though he was going to power in a header. Problem was, the ball was about 5 yards behind him!

(03-30-2020, 11:16 AM)Sunshine Wrote: Martin Dickingson was another dreadful player from the dark 80s

We also had Steve Walford on loan, and Talbot signed Ian Banks.
I'd forgotten the ball being a goot out of play in the Sputhanpton game. Even so, Udeze was fucking wank. We lost that game 1-0 from memory. Hughes missed a sitter that would have got us a point.
It's a funny thing...
A thread among football fans about the worst players their club has had gets at least twice the interest as a thread about the best...
I don't think it's just us.

Do we love to be miserable?
(03-30-2020, 12:21 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: It's a funny thing...
A thread among football fans about the worst players their club has had gets at least twice the interest as a thread about the best...
I don't think it's just us.

Do we love to be miserable?

Or we've had more than twice the numbers of shit players than we've had good players.
Andy McDermott. I must have been about 7 or 8. Was the first player I actively identified as crap.