Box sets
(03-24-2020, 11:59 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: The Mandalorian,Starwars spin-off series, watched the first two episodes tonight on <coughs>alternate sources very good so far!

Ahhh so you're the one person in the UK who hasn't seen it all already! I claim my £5.
Just looked for THe Wire on Sky Catch up. Bloody Hell, they want £59.99 for the lot or £25 a series.
TBF, it's probably better value than football, but I still won't be paying.
(03-26-2020, 11:35 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 11:59 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: The Mandalorian,Starwars spin-off series, watched the first two episodes tonight on <coughs>alternate sources very good so far!

Ahhh so you're the one person in the UK who hasn't seen it all already! I claim my £5.
Apparently so , I’d never heard of it till the other day but very good I must say,another couple of episodes again tonight I reckon!
I might then start watching a comedy I’ve heard of called Fools on Horses or something  Big Grin
ElChapo is deffo a much lower quality version of Narcos. Also, the timelines differ between it and Narcos, a lot, I'm gonna have to look up which one is right.

Going to check out that Tiger King Murder, Mayhem and Madness tonight, I think I've overdone the Mexican gangsters of late...
Gomorrah is well worth a binge if you like Gangster stuff. Also along the same lines, Romanzo Criminale and Suburra are also very good (as long as you don’t mind subtitles). I enjoyed The Sinner and The End of the fucking world on Netflix. Think I’m going to watch The Wire again - it’s been a while..
(03-25-2020, 01:53 PM)lesley Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 12:12 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote: Tempted by Line of Duty. Anyone watched? Thoughts?

I've not seen any of it

Great series of programmes.
Thinking of rewatching all of it before the new series is shown Smile

Trust me - best drama by a mile. 

Others - some dated slightly

Our friends in the north
The night manager
The lakes
Peep show
Fargo
Peakies
Curb

Is all I need
(03-27-2020, 08:54 PM)TooMuchTooYoung Wrote: Gomorrah is well worth a binge if you like Gangster stuff. Also along the same lines, Romanzo Criminale and Suburra are also very good (as long as you don’t mind subtitles). I enjoyed The Sinner and The End of the fucking world on Netflix. Think I’m going to watch The Wire again - it’s been a while..

Romanzo Criminale is absolutely superlative. The best of the best and pretty much true. Best of all, it's only two series long.

Gomorrah is also good but is very grim.

Btw, Hegazi must be reading this thread, he's also watching Narcos Mexico.
(03-26-2020, 06:49 AM)B36baggie Wrote: As with all threads of this type on here my vote always goes to Love/Hate. Fantastically underrated.

Love/Hate makes my top 5 

I thought it was tremendous TV, brutal, gripping and funny all at the same time

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
For anyone interested, Tiger King is useless. It's so desperately trying to be Don't Fugg With Cats, which was also way over-hyped. I watched 3 episodes of Tiger King, I don't think I'll be bothering with the other 3, nothing happens, a complete waste of bandwidth (never thought I'd use them words in this decade!)