So where is the help for the self employed and renters?
So despite all the nonsense by the usual suspects who can’t see past who the person posting is, the issue of the self employed is now a proper consideration for parliament not just Labour or Lib Dem’s but Conservative MPs etc. Hopefully something will now be done that is fair and as quick as possible. If it was up to some on here several million people would receive fuck all because they simply chose to work for themselves rather than a company.

(03-23-2020, 06:51 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 11:02 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The self employed one is simple - take their last 3 years tax returns and average out their profit figure - pay them 80% of that. If they've dodged tax by lowering or hiding their income or inflating their expenses then that's their problem and something to learn from in the future.

I think the self employed should get support but I do support this view. I know plenty of contractors who for years have exploited loopholes to pay as little tax as possible. To run cap in hand to the government asking fro 80% of their wage would be galling to say the least.

But likewise there are freelancers I know who are barely getting by week after week. Not every freelancer is a tax dodger. I could point to quite a lot of companies with very dubious ways of working that are being supported by the government currently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So where is the help for the self employed and renters? - by Derek Hardballs - 03-24-2020, 02:13 PM