Season over according to the Independent
The season will be finished, even it takes weeks to do it. The financial and legal ramifications of not doing so would tumble on forever.
(03-13-2020, 10:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: The season will be finished, even it takes weeks to do it. The financial and legal ramifications of not doing so would tumble on forever.

I think this is absolutely the case. It is easier to make adjustments over a couple of years if need be to the tournaments etc ahead than to try and make arbitrary decisions to the current ones.
This obsession that these adjustments cannot be made in the future, as if August 1st etc is sacrosanct is laughable.
Those having to deal with the question of how to accomodate the next World Cup which commences in mid November 2022 might just have had a gift horse presented to them.
(03-13-2020, 10:58 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Those having to deal with the question of how to accomodate the next World Cup which commences in mid November 2022 might just have had a gift horse presented to them.

Good point DK. 
Not at the forefront of the issues atm but a very good one when you throw MERS into the equation. (WTF is MERS I hear the newly enlightened on here shouting).
(03-13-2020, 11:09 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 10:58 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Those having to deal with the question of how to accomodate the next World Cup which commences in mid November 2022 might just have had a gift horse presented to them.

Good point DK. 
Not at the forefront of the issues atm but a very good one when you throw MERS into the equation. (WTF is MERS I hear the newly enlightened on here shouting).

I thought MERS was difficult to catch, human to human infections being low (currently?)...More chance if you hang about with camels...Then again whack a World Cup into the mix, especially a World Cup that comes after having footy messed around with for a few years and we could be off again.
(03-13-2020, 11:11 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:09 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

Good point DK. 

I thought MERS was difficult to catch, human to human infections being low (currently?)...More chance if you hang about with camels...Then again whack a World Cup into the mix, especially a World Cup that comes after having footy messed around with for a few years and we could be off again.

The reason why Covid -19 is the problem it is now is because it took the jump from Bats via some fish and other animals , almost certainly Chickens, to people and then mutated. The WHO experts today said there is absolutely no reason why MERS could not mutate also. They have been working on that for 3 years and have no antivirus.
Did someone mention camels...

(03-13-2020, 11:31 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Did someone mention camels...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin .
Brings to mind an incident I experienced but I will save that one.

Fair play the Big Lad at the front - he did well to hang on!