Candles being lit already in Liverpool and Leeds
"The problem is that the outbreak is expected to be at its peak in May and June so if the suspension keeps on being extended, some clubs may start to push for the season to be declared void, a nightmare scenario for clubs like Liverpool and Leeds, who both stand on the brink of long-awaited glory."

From the BBC of course. Last time I looked the Yorkie bastards were one point ahead of us with an inferior goal difference. But long-awaited glory has already been bestowed upon them, it seems.
Nobody is bestowing anything on Leeds.

Classic example of trying to find offence in an innocuous article.
(03-13-2020, 12:09 PM)Duffers Wrote: Nobody is bestowing anything on Leeds.

Classic example of trying to find offence in an innocuous article.

No, not at all, I'm not a BBC basher, as you must realise if you ever read my posts. But with the top of the Championship so tight, this is a little disrespectful to us. Maybe they are referring to Leeds' long wait for promotion, but tbh Leeds still have time to bottle it, as do we. Hardly "on the brink" in the way Liverpool are.
BBC needs to be scrapped.
Has women’s football also been cancelled? I know there’s a lot of focus on it from the anti-BBC lobby on here.
(03-13-2020, 01:11 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Has women’s football also been cancelled? I know there’s a lot of focus on it from the anti-BBC lobby on here.

Yep.
(03-13-2020, 01:14 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:11 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Has women’s football also been cancelled? I know there’s a lot of focus on it from the anti-BBC lobby on here.

Yep.

It's in the lead article on the front page of bbc sports website.

You probably missed it because it's under the header 'English Elite'  Wink

5Live yesterday, some biff said it would be unfair to play the Euros next year as it would clash with the Wimmens tournament.. I shit you not.
(03-13-2020, 01:27 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 01:14 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

Yep.

It's in the lead article on the front page of bbc sports website.

You probably missed it because it's under the header 'English Elite'  Wink

Big Grin
(03-13-2020, 02:00 PM)yeoman lai Wrote:

5Live yesterday, some biff said it would be unfair to play the Euros next year as it would clash with the Wimmens tournament.. I shit you not.

They did have that spot first.