Toon Match Thread
Midfield always going to get battered. Waste of time.
(03-03-2020, 08:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 08:54 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 08:51 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Giving them far too much of the ball as with Wigan, but they are better - not a deliberate tactic I'm sure just the passing is awful and straight back to them. The ball seems to be getting stuck under some players feet. Oh well - hopefully another one off! Game not over if we can actually hold on to the ball second half. But would have liked to have seen a stronger XI have a go - Toon have been given very little to worry about from this home side.

Yes a disappointing selection. I’m sure we have other fringe midfield players deserving of an opportunity with a little bit of pace.

Such as?

Harper apart we don't
(03-03-2020, 08:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 08:54 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 08:51 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Giving them far too much of the ball as with Wigan, but they are better - not a deliberate tactic I'm sure just the passing is awful and straight back to them. The ball seems to be getting stuck under some players feet. Oh well - hopefully another one off! Game not over if we can actually hold on to the ball second half. But would have liked to have seen a stronger XI have a go - Toon have been given very little to worry about from this home side.

Yes a disappointing selection. I’m sure we have other fringe midfield players deserving of an opportunity with a little bit of pace.

Such as?

That’s what I’m asking obviously. But surely anyone but the two oldest and slowest in the centre.
Trouble is another poor performance and defeat and doubt starts to creep in with players, they start playing safety first and our acting edge gets less and less then another poor performance and lost points etc etc, Swansea now a huge game for us sat we simply have to respond.
(03-03-2020, 08:50 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: Brunt showing everyone why he’s nowhere near the normal squad anymore. Don’t remember him even trying to play a forward pass. You pick him and Barry against a half decent midfield and that’s what you get

Brunt played one unbelievable ball in behind in the first half that was absolute quality....but it was one occasion where he had time to lift his head up and pick a pass without an orange shirt breathing down his neck
Sam Field is still on the books
(03-03-2020, 08:58 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Sam Field is still on the books

Even with one leg he’s probably faster than Barry.
(03-03-2020, 08:58 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Sam Field is still on the books

Imjured
All other teams need to do against us to get something out of us is high press and force a loose pass, we are unable to get ourselves out of trouble, as shown tonight and on several occasions in the championship.

Oh well nevermind, shame the players and management didn't bother to take this game seriously.
Gibbs, Barry and Brunt showing lack of recent match fitness, Gibbs nit looking fit at all IMO, sitting deep and playing them on due to not testing his hamstring

O Shea struggling in his preferred position

Harper, Furlong look our best two, Edwards, Phillips and Austin at least trying

As we expected a fired up Newcastle against our 2nd string results in this
442 for me as soon as possible

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers