As the Millwall game was close to being off
(02-11-2020, 02:24 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote: Oxford away, in the 93/94 season I think, didn't quite get to the ground, but was almost there when heard if was off over the radio.

I was in Banbury at the time so heard the game was off and didn't have to travel. 
Recall Watford mid 90s. Drove down from Liverpool for the game to find it off.
(02-11-2020, 05:16 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: Not sure if the year but early Prem year, New Year’s Day Fulham away waterlogged pitch. 
There was some controversy because they had several players out injured at the time!

Was due to go to that game , in fact on the coach at the hawthorns when informed it was off . I think they played there games at QPR then .
(02-11-2020, 05:16 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: Not sure if the year but early Prem year, New Year’s Day Fulham away waterlogged pitch. 
There was some controversy because they had several players out injured at the time!

Yep.

Had stayed in London for NYE 

Pissed off good n proper.

Oooft yes another forgotten one , ended up going to Cheltenham races instead.
I went to watch Albion v port Vale about 20 odd years ago, mid week. I think it might have been an Anglo Italian game, anyway I got the wrong day or week and it wasn’t even on.

Went to watch Albion reserves v Brighton reserves at crawleys ground a year or so ago and they had called it off when I’d got there. I was living in haywards heath so only 15 mins away.

Went to watch AC Milan about 10 years ago whilst doing a kids football tour. They called it off 10 minutes before kick off because a player had died of a heart attack whilst playing earlier in the day.

On another tour, we had tickets to watch Shalke 04, but got the wrong day as they moved it for TV. so missed it had to go to Genk v standard liege instead.
I know a bloke who booked up for him and his 12 year old son a Birthday surprise to see Barcelona play only to find out as soon as he turned his data back on his phone when getting off the plane that Barca was 5-1 up with only 5 minutes of the game left.