Just over 25,000 but no space on the day
Only found out yesterday morning that I had an unexpected free afternoon so rang the ticket office about 10 to get tickets for me and junior only to be told only 70 single seats left in the whole stadium. Saw yesterday’s attendance 25,141 so am a bit bewildered. 
I enjoyed taking the dog around Earlswood lakes instead and raised a pint of Timmy Taylor in the Red Lion to Semi Ajayi as news came in of the second goal. Still, I’d rather have been in the East Stand, even if it had been the front stuck in the corner at pitch level.
(02-02-2020, 10:02 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Only found out yesterday morning that I had an unexpected free afternoon so rang the ticket office about 10 to get tickets for me and junior only to be told only 70 single seats left in the whole stadium. Saw yesterday’s attendance 25,141 so am a bit bewildered. 
I enjoyed taking the dog around Earlswood lakes instead and raised a pint of Timmy Taylor in the Red Lion to Semi Ajayi as news came in of the second goal. Still, I’d rather have been in the East Stand, even if it had been the front stuck in the corner at pitch level.

There were 23 ,607 Albion fans present which is practically full, in fact the only two games where we've had more home fans in attendance were Boro where the club moved the Smethwick End divide to accommodate more home fans and Leeds where there were merely 22 more Albion fans.

There were half a dozen empty seats together in front of me but they never show as available so presumably are STH that haven't turned up for whatever reason.

The rest of the stadium is either open to away fans only, closed for segregation or taken up by advertising.
(02-02-2020, 10:02 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Only found out yesterday morning that I had an unexpected free afternoon so rang the ticket office about 10 to get tickets for me and junior only to be told only 70 single seats left in the whole stadium. Saw yesterday’s attendance 25,141 so am a bit bewildered. 

Always worth getting the odd tickets then when you’re in see where the spaces are at kick off and sit together
(02-02-2020, 10:10 AM)Atomic Wrote:

There were 23 ,607 Albion fans present which is practically full, in fact the only two games where we've had more home fans in attendance were Boro where the club moved the Smethwick End divide to accommodate more home fans and Leeds where there were merely 22 more Albion fans.

There were half a dozen empty seats together in front of me but they never show as available so presumably are STH that haven't turned up for whatever reason.

The rest of the stadium is either open to away fans only, closed for segregation or taken up by advertising.

Im pretty sure the segregation was moved yesterday too for Luton, looked like it from the Brummy

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Our year on year reduction of the capacity is a not very funny joke.
(02-02-2020, 11:32 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:10 AM)Atomic Wrote:

Im pretty sure the segregation was moved yesterday too for Luton, looked like it from the Brummy

Cuzer

It wasnt. It was the same as any usual home game. Luton brought 1,534 so we couldn't move the segregation. We did for Boro as they brought only 955.
It’s a tired subject our capacity but remains frustrating and flies in the face of every other club in the country. No one expects a 40,000 white elephant, but to have it around 30,000 should be the normal state of play for a club of our standing/fan base.
When you can’t get 2 seats v Luton something is amiss.
(02-02-2020, 12:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It’s a tired subject our capacity but remains frustrating and flies in the face of every other club in the country. No one expects a 40,000 white elephant, but to have it around 30,000 should be the normal state of play for a club of our standing/fan base.

Selling out at home to Luton after no league wins in 8 tells you demand is plentiful.

Chances of the issue being positively addressed under current stewardship is zero.
(02-02-2020, 12:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It’s a tired subject our capacity but remains frustrating and flies in the face of every other club in the country. No one expects a 40,000 white elephant, but to have it around 30,000 should be the normal state of play for a club of our standing/fan base.

This is the main issue with our current capacity. As soon as we have a upturn in form and results (in general), we naturally get more interest from fans attending, but with our current capacity we have a lot of single seats scattered around the stadium which puts off people from attending if they can't sit near their friends or family.......and yes I know this has all been done before  Rolleyes
Problem is Tipton that some season ticket holders look down on those who don’t go all the time. Every club in the country gets better crowds when they’re doing well it’s natural.
You have explained the issues I’ve encountered. Earlier in the season I tried getting 3 seats together for a game which wasn’t possible. There’s 2 occasions now when I haven’t gone due to unavailability of seats. I’m sure there’s many like me.
The capacity isn’t a vanity thing, but just sense when we are a club which historically has had attendances like many clubs behind the big dozen or so.
Whilst Forest, Leicester, Derby, Middlesbrough, Southampton can have 30k plus we cannot have the 4-5000 needed.