Krov
Where’s this idea come from that you get more time on the ball in the Prem?

You don’t, it’s crazily quick which is why it’s sold the world over. Players look like they have more time because their touch is so much better.

There was a pass in the second half, I think from Townsend into Krov’s feet which he could have turned on to set an attack up or layed off sideways quickly and we’d have caught them on the break. His control meant it flicked up a little and he had to take an extra couple of touches and the chance to break had gone and we lost possession again.

Neat & tidy but not quite at the level we want or need, would definitely suit a slower paced league with less hustle and bustle with his weakness to standing up!
(02-01-2020, 06:05 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 05:59 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Yes, had a good game. Thought most stepped it up tbh.

Townsend pick of the bunch for me though. Very good.

That can't be right, Townsend is a League One player at best, I read it on here!    Rolleyes

He was playing against a League One team!  Wink
(02-01-2020, 10:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 10:31 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: More progressive today & against Cardiff, but prior that has been pretty dire & until suspensions & injuries had been sidelined for others by the manager.

Took the ball on more today, instead of going backwards & sideways but truth is that his end product so far this season has been very limited.

He plays as the advanced midfield player but his numbers goals & assists are very poor.  Pereira, Diangana & the much maligned Phillips have about 45 between them

Final ball very mixed today & lost it in possession when in good positions quite a bit but did look better today

However hes got to do a lot more to convince me & that means scoring & creating goals, I suspect he’ll play a fair bit less if two new signings AND pereira & Diangana available

He's more of a creative player in the Scholes (Different class of course) in that he doesn't create clear cut chances himself but creates openings for other players to exploit. It's always hard to judge players like this, it's why, despite anyone knowing anything about football knowing Paul Scholes is arguably the best central midfielder of his generation, stats don't bear it out unless you start looking at usually meaningless ones. 

As said elsewhere, he's the type of player who will actually be more useful in the Prem where being intelligent on the ball and keeping the ball in the final third become so important. I didn't watch the game today so can't comment on it, but I'd like to sign him if we go up, less o if we stay down here. In most games I'd prefer Peireira in that role, but Krov isn't the same sort of player, or will even have that sort of price tag on his head to do so, and is a good option to change things up. 

Krov with two good wide players and a decent striker can be an excellent attacking midfielder for us, but he won't win games on his own like Pereira can.

Word perfect summary
Yeah, the perfect no. 10 ... one goal, virtually no assists & limited goal threat & with a tendency to go backwards & sideways

Did no one ever watch the likes of Richard Sneekes ?

When Pereira back Krovinovich will be bench warming.
(02-01-2020, 10:31 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: More progressive today & against Cardiff, but prior that has been pretty dire & until suspensions & injuries had been sidelined for others by the manager.

Took the ball on more today, instead of going backwards & sideways but truth is that his end product so far this season has been very limited.

He plays as the advanced midfield player but his numbers goals & assists are very poor.  Pereira, Diangana & the much maligned Phillips have about 45 between them

Final ball very mixed today & lost it in possession when in good positions quite a bit but did look better today

However hes got to do a lot more to convince me & that means scoring & creating goals, I suspect he’ll play a fair bit less if two new signings AND pereira & Diangana available

He's more of a creative player in the Scholes (Different class of course) in that he doesn't create clear cut chances himself but creates openings for other players to exploit. It's always hard to judge players like this, it's why, despite anyone knowing anything about football knowing Paul Scholes is arguably the best central midfielder of his generation, stats don't bear it out unless you start looking at usually meaningless ones. 

As said elsewhere, he's the type of player who will actually be more useful in the Prem where being intelligent on the ball and keeping the ball in the final third become so important. I didn't watch the game today so can't comment on it, but I'd like to sign him if we go up, less o if we stay down here. In most games I'd prefer Peireira in that role, but Krov isn't the same sort of player, or will even have that sort of price tag on his head to do so, and is a good option to change things up. 

Krov with two good wide players and a decent striker can be an excellent attacking midfielder for us, but he won't win games on his own like Pereira can.

He is a good player but he is way too lightweight for the Prem. 
Against the strength of an average EPL midfielder he will get brushed away.
(02-02-2020, 12:52 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

He is a good player but he is way too lightweight for the Prem. 
Against the strength of an average EPL midfielder he will get brushed away.
you mean like against rice maybe we could see him against newcastle