HAPPY BREXIT DAY
(02-01-2020, 11:19 AM)Sotv Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 09:29 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:03 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 12:48 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Suck what up, what's changing tomorrow?

Well according to the remoaners there was going to be a total collapse of the pound and no food in asda I will post some pictures tomorrow morning to see this has happened and I've stocked up on headache tablets just incase there isnt a delivery that's if the remoaners havnt emigrated like they promised on referendum night . Rolleyes

Love you to tell us what we have gained or likely to gain ?

Well according to the remoaners there was going to be a total collapse of the pound and no food in asda I will post some pictures tomorrow morning to see this has happened and I've stocked up on headache tablets just incase there isnt a delivery that's if the remoaners havnt emigrated like they promised on referendum night . Rolleyes

Just explain to us led enlightened what we have 'won'; what have we gained ?

Dunno why you are asking us, we’ve been told by your side we are thick, uneducated racists for the  last 3 years.

That’s because your side have left a vacuum for us to interpret why you can’t after three years articulate what the benefits are for leaving. 

Given the truly breathtaking examples of stupidity by many who were interviewed revelling in their new found ‘freedom’ it’s hard not to draw unkind conclusions.
(02-01-2020, 12:44 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 11:19 AM)Sotv Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 09:29 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Love you to tell us what we have gained or likely to gain ?

Dunno why you are asking us, we’ve been told by your side we are thick, uneducated racists for the  last 3 years.

That’s because your side have left a vacuum for us to interpret why you can’t after three years articulate what the benefits are for leaving. 

Given the truly breathtaking examples of stupidity by many who were interviewed revelling in their new found ‘freedom’ it’s hard not to draw unkind conclusions.
Nah, it’s more because you are so arrogant you refuse to listen to anything that diverges from your point of view so I just can’t be bothered any more. The calling us thick, ignorant, uneducated racists started before the vote was even taken so your argument is total bollocks.
You stay in your own little world where you know everything and are always right.
Anyone who thinks there is a 'them' and 'us' is the most deluded of the lot.
I opened a nice bottle of Macallan to celebrate last night - hopefully this will still be available from Scotland in a few years time!
(02-01-2020, 04:15 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I opened a nice bottle of Macallan to celebrate last night - hopefully this will still be available from Scotland in a few years time!
The irony of the Union flag being paraded by those celebrating Brexit.... beyond parody
(02-01-2020, 02:35 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Anyone who thinks there is a 'them' and 'us' is the most deluded of the lot.

That idea has been quite clearly bought into by people on both sides of the debate, I’d argue far more so by some remainers who seemed to start the who lumping all leave voter as a thick, racist monolith. 
For me it’s just a shorthand term to use, far easier to type “them” or “remainer” rather than “a significant number of people who happened to cast their vote in favour of remaining in the European Union”.

(02-01-2020, 06:26 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 04:15 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I opened a nice bottle of Macallan to celebrate last night - hopefully this will still be available from Scotland in a few years time!
The irony of the Union flag being paraded by those celebrating Brexit.... beyond parody

Of course it is, it’s not like it’s our national flag or anything
(02-01-2020, 07:12 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 02:35 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Anyone who thinks there is a 'them' and 'us' is the most deluded of the lot.

That idea has been quite clearly bought into by people on both sides of the debate, I’d argue far more so by some remainers who seemed to start the who lumping all leave voter as a thick, racist monolith. 
For me it’s just a shorthand term to use, far easier to type “them” or “remainer” rather than “a significant number of people who happened to cast their vote in favour of remaining in the European Union”.

(02-01-2020, 06:26 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:

Of course it is, it’s not like it’s our national flag or anything
Time will tell.....
And this thread shows the problem.

No one answers questions, just argues pointless shit and insults.

I've repeatedly asked for one, mathematically, statistically backed, guaranteed benefit of leaving. Still not had one. If its something to celebrate that should be super easy to answer, barely an inconvenience.
They ARE a bit thick and racist though, tbh.
(02-02-2020, 12:22 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: And this thread shows the problem.

No one answers questions, just argues pointless shit and insults.

I've repeatedly asked for one, mathematically, statistically backed, guaranteed benefit of leaving. Still not had one. If its something to celebrate that should be super easy to answer, barely an inconvenience.

The reason you haven't received that reply is because - even now, after nigh on four years - Brexit is still at the conceptual stage. There is no definitive answer to your question: we're only now beginning the process of negotiating one - in a hurry, and having already left! 

My feeling is that the EU27 will - very politely and courteously, as is their way - demonstrate the stupidity of the notion that "they need us as much as we need them". Still, as my grandmother was fond of saying, it's done now; except it isn't.