RIP to a proper hero / legend
(01-30-2020, 01:14 PM)Fido Wrote: WTF IS WOKE

From Googling it, it has something to do with American black people who wanted civil rights in the 1960s.

If that video was made recently he looked really good for being around 100 years old
(01-30-2020, 01:09 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The armed forces is the armed forces they are sent to do a job that the cowards wont do who are in parliament.......no matter there back ground if you dislike a person of who they are at least they show respect not like these limp wristed do gooders who think they are better than anyone else .......

That man is a true hero in every word and he should be given the best send off by our government .

My Grandad was in the Royal Engineers and was one of those who went out in front of the others sweeping for bombs. Was he brave, was he proud of his service and are we as a family extremely proud of his services to the country he made? Absolutely. However he didn’t see it as a career he saw it as his duty. There is a difference between those who fought but would not of ordinarily and those who choose to be in the armed forces.
(01-30-2020, 01:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 01:09 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The armed forces is the armed forces they are sent to do a job that the cowards wont do who are in parliament.......no matter there back ground if you dislike a person of who they are at least they show respect not like these limp wristed do gooders who think they are better than anyone else .......

That man is a true hero in every word and he should be given the best send off by our government .

My Grandad was in the Royal Engineers and was one of those who went out in front of the others sweeping for bombs. Was he brave, was he proud of his service and are we as a family extremely proud of his services to the country he made? Absolutely. However he didn’t see it as a career he saw it as his duty. There is a difference between those who fought but would not of ordinarily and those who choose to be in the armed forces.

heroes all the same though - doffs cap...
(01-30-2020, 01:09 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 12:15 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 11:15 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:39 AM)The liquidator Wrote: The woke lads will be fuming with this hero being saluted

I really don't get why you post nonsense like that. However much your prejudices might want it to be true, you must surely know it isn't.

You dont go on twitter much then do you anyone supporting the armed forces is a little englander and is a gammon and a racist so some of it is true but not in this instance .

I don't go on Twitter at all, but from the little I know of it I doubt if it's a place for those who just go about their patriotism quietly and without fuss. Like Wing Commander Paul Farnes probably did.

This.

This fred is hardly the place to be carping on about woke/snowflakes/gammon/boomers etc. Some pathetic comments.
In the form of his life.
(01-30-2020, 02:01 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 01:09 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 12:15 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 11:15 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:39 AM)The liquidator Wrote: The woke lads will be fuming with this hero being saluted

I really don't get why you post nonsense like that. However much your prejudices might want it to be true, you must surely know it isn't.

You dont go on twitter much then do you anyone supporting the armed forces is a little englander and is a gammon and a racist so some of it is true but not in this instance .

I don't go on Twitter at all, but from the little I know of it I doubt if it's a place for those who just go about their patriotism quietly and without fuss. Like Wing Commander Paul Farnes probably did.

This.

This fred is hardly the place to be carping on about woke/snowflakes/gammon/boomers etc. Some pathetic comments.

Absolutely.

We should be celebrating his life (whilst mourning his passing)