oh ye of little faith
The line up last night was not so dissimilar to when we beat them at our place 4-2 and possibly the best football I've seen us play for some time against a team in the premier league the previous season. The only two where missing - yes you guessed Pereira and Diagana.

It obvious a lack of confidence together with losing your two best players is costing us - we need to win on Saturday - but lets not get too despondent - we're still in with a fighting chance of automatic, and we still have to play Forrest and Fulham at home when we should be back to full strength.

Every team bar Leeds scum would prefer to be in our position - so keep the faith.
(01-29-2020, 09:38 AM)igorbalis Wrote: The line up last night was not so dissimilar to when we beat them at our place 4-2 and possibly the best football I've seen us play for some time against a team in the premier league the previous season. The only two where missing - yes you guessed Pereira and Diagana.

It obvious a lack of confidence together with losing your two best players is costing us - we need to win on Saturday - but lets not get too despondent - we're still in with a fighting chance of automatic, and we still have to play Forrest and Fulham at home when we should be back to full strength.

Every team bar Leeds scum would prefer to be in our position - so keep the faith.

+1

If you can keep your head, while all those around you are losing their shit...
(01-29-2020, 09:38 AM)igorbalis Wrote: The line up last night was not so dissimilar to when we beat them at our place 4-2 and possibly the best football I've seen us play for some time against a team in the premier league the previous season. The only two where missing - yes you guessed Pereira and Diagana.

Stop coming on here with your rational arguments.

Those of us who understand football have made our assessment 

[Image: panic_button.jpg?cb=1454773361]

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Problem is its not bad luck that's stopping us, it's almost wilful self destruction.
(01-29-2020, 09:55 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Problem is its not bad luck that's stopping us, it's almost wilful self destruction.

So we need one of these instead??

[Image: self+destruct+button.jpg]
(01-29-2020, 09:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Stop coming on here with your rational arguments.

Those of us who understand football have made our assessment 

[Image: panic_button.jpg?cb=1454773361]

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yes, but had we had a couple of shots blazed over the bar last night that had gone in instead, then all assessments would be null and void!! Smile
There is most definitely an element of misfortune. Injuries to our key players have highlighted that, regardless of how good our business was in the summer the overhaul of the squad has still left us light in certain areas.

We now in the Januray have the opportunity to put that right. and with our players returning to fitness and form can make a real fist of it heading into the business end.

In 2 or 3 weeks our team could read.

Johnstone

Furlong Ajayi Bartley Gibbs

Livermore Sawyers

Phillips Pereira Diangana

Robinson

That with no further incomings. When I look at that I see a much more balanced and threatening line up which due to its pace and ability will take the pressure off a defence
I think it’s fair enough after blowing a 12pt lead to be a little perturbed at the run we are on, particularly when Bilic’s West Ham had a similar disastrous run that ultimately led to his dismissal.

I can’t think of any justifiable reasons why we should not go up this season other than poor management. It would be easy to blame injuries but our squad is far better than most and imo it’s a cop out as is the idea this is a two year project.
(01-29-2020, 10:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think it’s fair enough after blowing a 12pt lead to be a little perturbed at the run we are on, particularly when Bilic’s West Ham had a similar disastrous run that ultimately led to his dismissal.

I can’t think of any justifiable reasons why we should not go up this season other than poor management. It would be easy to blame injuries but our squad is far better than most and imo it’s a cop out as is the idea this is a two year project.

Spot on, Dekka. 

No panic from me but an analysis of last night and the previous few games is hardly hitting the panic button. We are off the pace at the moment. Absolutely no excuse or reason not to return to form and get promoted
Better to have it now than at the end of the season ..

1 we are second
2 we have injuries to our 3 most Important players
3 we will hit form again and go on another good run