West Ham match thread
(01-25-2020, 06:05 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Brunt and Barry showed what simply doing the basics can do in midfield. Sawyers and Livermore have both spoken about how great it is to be able to play with players like them, hopefully they watched and learned today.

Barry was struggling to get around the pitch at the end but not a surprise when are down to 10 and he's expected to play the 90+ what a professional (taxigate excepted)
(01-25-2020, 06:05 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Brunt and Barry showed what simply doing the basics can do in midfield. Sawyers and Livermore have both spoken about how great it is to be able to play with players like them, hopefully they watched and learned today.

Joint age of 73 years! 
I just need to find a 13 year old magician and I can still do it.
IMO
Only one disappointment today and it looks to be completely forgotten. Willock didn't get on the pitch.
I'm guessing he may have had a chance if Ajayi hadn't got a red resulting in Bartley coming on.
With us looking at bringing others in, his career with us must be over now.
(01-25-2020, 06:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: This is where Slav should earn his pay.
He's an experienced coach and has forgotten more about his trade than any us has learned.

I hope he shows faith in some of those who played today as 

1) it'll do their confidence a world of good
2) they'll run through brick walls for him
3) it'll send a message to the more established players that no-one is guaranteed a start.

Post of the day, spot one mon.
(01-25-2020, 07:38 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 06:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: This is where Slav should earn his pay.
He's an experienced coach and has forgotten more about his trade than any us has learned.

I hope he shows faith in some of those who played today as 

1) it'll do their confidence a world of good
2) they'll run through brick walls for him
3) it'll send a message to the more established players that no-one is guaranteed a start.

Post of the day, spot one mon.
Didn’t go today / see the match but fully concur. Pretty much the same team played really well at Charlton and got a better result there than the so-called first team. I would 100% play one of Barry and Brunt v Cardiff and would certainly consider O’Shea.
(01-25-2020, 07:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: IMO
Only one disappointment today and it looks to be completely forgotten. Willock didn't get on the pitch.
I'm guessing he may have had a chance if Ajayi hadn't got a red resulting in Bartley coming on.
With us looking at bringing others in, his career with us must be over now.

What is the obsession with Willock? Do you not think if Slav thought he was good enough, he'd have been in a squad by now?
That was difficult.

I worked there, this afternoon. Supervising the pitch gates on the West Stand and spent the match in the tunnel at the NW corner. I had a great view of the goal and was about 10 yards from the players when they celebrated. Being surrounded by West Ham fans meant I had to keep a lid on my emotions. Walked around afterwards with a big, silly grin on my face.

They're not happy bunnies in east London, though.
(01-25-2020, 08:20 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: That was difficult.

I worked there, this afternoon. Supervising the pitch gates on the West Stand and spent the match in the tunnel at the NW corner. I had a great view of the goal and was about 10 yards from the players when they celebrated. Being surrounded by West Ham fans meant I had to keep a lid on my emotions. Walked around afterwards with a big, silly grin on my face.

They're not happy bunnies in east London, though.

I bet it was. I guess you've had worse days at work, though? Looked like mayhem in the Albion end from the telly.