Krov loan
(01-26-2020, 10:42 AM)MGalea Wrote: Krov yesterday was a a classic example of “the higher level suits some players better”. He did well and is definitely a classy player if not a “game changer”.

West Ham had no bite in midfield where as the championship is like a snorkelling trip to the Bayou in Alligator mating season. Given some time he gets his head up and knocks it’s forward....under pressure he keeps it simple. Nice.

Quite glad Parerira wasn’t given the chance to show what he could do against such a soft underbelly. Word is out and he’s the special one.

I take your point, but in all fairness, I don't think West Ham were a fair reflection of the higher level of the Premiership. They were worse than most Championship teams. Most premiership teams would close down much, much quicker and are far more more physical. Look at Liverpool, Chelsea and even Arsenal in the second half against Leeds.

Gone are the days you have to be physical OR talented. Now you have to be both in the premiership. West Ham were neither.
My opinion, fwiw: Krov’s space was more West Ham’s fault than Krov’s ingenuity.
He hasn't got Modric's engine but there are similarities and he has been compared to a young Modric, by Ivanisevic I think?

Modric had a very slow start to his Spurs career including a couple of serious injuries.

Krov is coming back from a cruciate injury I believe. 

Let's see what he does over the next two games if selected and the rest of the season but I really like him and if he can develop more self-awareness could be some player.  He has a great attitude and you could tell he was upset at being hooked yesterday which is a good sign.