(03-02-2020, 02:57 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 02:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: To use his own analogy he knew the Netherton pub was a bit cramped and that many people had been going for years, so he decided to loudly shout how cramped and unfriendly the place was before sitting down and demanding eight seats in the snug! Eagerly waiting for closing time before running home to write how poor an experience he had, and that the owner should build a bigger snug to attract more customers just like him!

Don't agree with you, but thought this passage was brilliant - particularly usage of the word 'snug'. Do they even have them now?!

There are three in the Vine!!
(03-02-2020, 04:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 02:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: To use his own analogy he knew the Netherton pub was a bit cramped and that many people had been going for years, so he decided to loudly shout how cramped and unfriendly the place was before sitting down and demanding eight seats in the snug! Eagerly waiting for closing time before running home to write how poor an experience he had, and that the owner should build a bigger snug to attract more customers just like him!

Don't agree with you, but thought this passage was brilliant - particularly usage of the word 'snug'. Do they even have them now?!

I've never been, but I will now. Do I have to book a seat or can I turn up on the day?
(03-02-2020, 04:11 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

I've never been, but I will now. Do I have to book a seat or can I turn up on the day?

Just get there early.

Not really as good as it was in my opinion though.
(03-02-2020, 02:47 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I'm confused, are we building a bigger ground or pub in Netherton ???

Arf!