J Rod
There's not nearly enough about J-Rod on here. Oddly some Burnley fans were complaining that all he does is run around, I'm sure they aren't saying that today.

His best Albion goal will forever be Hand of Rod, though.
(01-23-2020, 05:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:32 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:14 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:10 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Why?

It's true. 

The owners don't give a damn about winning, hence they really dislike investing any money, even the summers 'splurge' was a pittance compared to what they could do.

They are just a cash cow for the Glazers.

Hence no DoF, OGS staying in place, little transfer investment.

If a 350 million spend on players in the last 3 seasons is a dislike in spending money - I wish we had a dislike in spending money.
https://www.transferleague.co.uk/manches...-transfers

Compared to revenue its a lot lower than Liverpool or Man City. 

It's the bare minimum to keep the manager happy. Mourinho wanted Maguire previous summer for less, board said no. 

OGS demanded him this summer they did it.

2019-20 transfer spends info
Man Utd 145M  -  Man City 155M  -  Liverpool 4M

As said, compared to revenue. Also, United have needed a rebuild fir what? 5 years now? Every new manager gets one summer where they over the odds for one or two players and then every other window is a cluster fuck due to Woodward being incompetent.

Whoever the manager is, United are fucked.

They won’t sack OGS until qualification for the Champions League is impossible. It’s much cheaper that way. They did the same to Moyes and Van Gaal - LVG only got until the end of the season because of the Cup Final they won... he was sacked hours later.

United need a competent manager but more importantly the right team behind him to manage recruitment and some sort of plan for the future. Until they get that in place they’ll continue to stagnate. Problem is that the Glazers and Woodward are happy to keep doing the minimum, trading on United’s name and status to keep the cash flowing in. Problem they’ll face is that a few more years of this and they will no longer as big a draw - the money will start to dwindle and they’ll be well and truly fucked.

Similar is happening at Arsenal.
(01-23-2020, 06:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 05:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:32 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:14 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 04:10 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If a 350 million spend on players in the last 3 seasons is a dislike in spending money - I wish we had a dislike in spending money.

Compared to revenue its a lot lower than Liverpool or Man City. 

It's the bare minimum to keep the manager happy. Mourinho wanted Maguire previous summer for less, board said no. 

OGS demanded him this summer they did it.

2019-20 transfer spends info
Man Utd 145M  -  Man City 155M  -  Liverpool 4M

As said, compared to revenue. Also, United have needed a rebuild fir what? 5 years now? Every new manager gets one summer where they over the odds for one or two players and then every other window is a cluster fuck due to Woodward being incompetent.

Whoever the manager is, United are fucked.

They won’t sack OGS until qualification for the Champions League is impossible. It’s much cheaper that way. They did the same to Moyes and Van Gaal - LVG only got until the end of the season because of the Cup Final they won... he was sacked hours later.

United need a competent manager but more importantly the right team behind him to manage recruitment and some sort of plan for the future. Until they get that in place they’ll continue to stagnate. Problem is that the Glazers and Woodward are happy to keep doing the minimum, trading on United’s name and status to keep the cash flowing in. Problem they’ll face is that a few more years of this and they will no longer as big a draw - the money will start to dwindle and they’ll be well and truly fucked.

Similar is happening at Arsenal.

IMO the Glazers would like MU to be winning everything to maximie all revenues and will do as much as possible to make that happen.
I don't call spending 500 million on players over the last 5 years doing the minimum. Maybe they could do more, for me it they do the same as we do, they have good buys and rubbish ones. Albeit many more millions are involved. They have made some awful purchases IMO at highly inflated prices, it's simply because MU want them they have to pay over the odds.
I think Poch is nailed on for the job, but Levy's transfer fee is not practical atm.

Yes Arsenal to a degree are on the slippery slope and Chelsea are not the what they were.
(01-23-2020, 04:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 03:03 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 01:31 PM)Duffers Wrote: United have become an absolute joke of a club. More focused on selling shirts and lucrative noodle partnerships than actual sporting achievement.

They exist purely to generate revenue for the Glazers and nothing more.

Look at me  Dodgy
So far the most stupid post of the year.

Why?

It's true. 

The owners don't give a damn about winning, hence they really dislike investing any money, even the summers 'splurge' was a pittance compared to what they could do.

If a 350 million spend on players in the last 3 seasons is a dislike in spending money - I wish we had a dislike in spending money.

Imagine what we could do with that £350m. We could get 798 £20 million players.
(01-23-2020, 06:16 PM)Squid Wrote: There's not nearly enough about J-Rod on here. Oddly some Burnley fans were complaining that all he does is run around, I'm sure they aren't saying that today.

His best Albion goal will forever be Hand of Rod, though.

Big Grin

Tbf his best Wba goal was away at Liverpool
(01-23-2020, 11:31 PM)Boutros Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 03:03 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 01:31 PM)Duffers Wrote: United have become an absolute joke of a club. More focused on selling shirts and lucrative noodle partnerships than actual sporting achievement.

They exist purely to generate revenue for the Glazers and nothing more.

Look at me  Dodgy

Why?

It's true. 

Arf! Reminomics...
(01-24-2020, 08:09 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 11:31 PM)Boutros Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 03:03 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Look at me  Dodgy

Why?

It's true. 

Arf! Reminomics...

Some people understand how football finances work, & some people don't.    Rolleyes