Overperforming before or underperforming now?
Bilic needs to start dropping some of our players and give the likes of Willock, Tulloch, O'shea and even Bond a chance if only to give some a kick up the arse and concentrate their minds so they know you have to fight for your place its not a given and complacently will not be alliwed to grow, unless of course Dowling pulls some major rabbits out of the transfer hat but I wo t hold my breath on that one.
(01-21-2020, 08:44 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Bilic needs to start dropping some of our players and give the likes of Willock, Tulloch, O'shea and even Bond a chance if only to give some a kick up the arse and concentrate their minds so they know you have to fight for your place its not a given and complacently will not be alliwed to grow, unless of course Dowling pulls some major rabbits out of the transfer hat but I wo t hold my breath on that one.

The Willock thing is a mystery, but Slav prefers Edwards and he didn't get a sniff last night. I really think Edwards would have been the answer last night. If he so much as got into the box we'd have been discussing penalty decisions and not everything else.
(01-21-2020, 08:49 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 08:44 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Bilic needs to start dropping some of our players and give the likes of Willock, Tulloch, O'shea and even Bond a chance if only to give some a kick up the arse and concentrate their minds so they know you have to fight for your place its not a given and complacently will not be alliwed to grow, unless of course Dowling pulls some major rabbits out of the transfer hat but I wo t hold my breath on that one.

The Willock thing is a mystery, but Slav prefers Edwards and he didn't get a sniff last night. I really think Edwards would have been the answer last night. If he so much as got into the box we'd have been discussing penalty decisions and not everything else.

Still can't understand Slavs thinking by bring Zahore on Edwards was the obvious choice with his trickery and pace, imho HRK & Zahore weren't sure where they were both supposed to be playing and thus both made similar runs making it easier for Stoke, that said I thought HRK was by far our most effective player last night.

Edwards has it all, strength pace, but his final ball / decision always looks lacking - maybe i'm being hard on the lad, but that's how he
looks to me. O'Shea is equally at ease playing full back, but again he gets overlooked. Do all the regular 1st teamers believe they can't
be dropped ? 
As an aside apart from Gibbs & Diangana injuries - IMO some undertones are having an effect. The Ferguson contract issues - Diangana staying/going - the Hegazi Pereira bust up?  All these thing unsettle the team, the elation and congratulations, celebrations, hugs & kisses have gone missing since early December. Maybe it's just me.
(01-21-2020, 08:54 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

Still can't understand Slavs thinking by bring Zahore on Edwards was the obvious choice with his trickery and pace, imho HRK & Zahore weren't sure where they were both supposed to be playing and thus both made similar runs making it easier for Stoke, that said I thought HRK was by far our most effective player last night.
Agree, with a nod for Pereira as well.   Even a knackered Kanu would have been more effective than Big Ken, who last night showed he has no appetite for playing against the likes of Stoke.
(01-21-2020, 09:12 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 08:54 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

Agree, with a nod for Pereira as well.   Even a knackered Kanu would have been more effective than Big Ken, who last night showed he has no appetite for playing against the likes of Stoke.

If nothing else, last night's performance must mean that Zohore's card is well and truly marked now. He either needs an attitude transplant or to go elsewhere.
(01-21-2020, 09:03 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Edwards has it all, strength pace, but his final ball / decision always looks lacking - maybe i'm being hard on the lad, but that's how he
looks to me. O'Shea is equally at ease playing full back, but again he gets overlooked. Do all the regular 1st teamers believe they can't
be dropped ? 
As an aside apart from Gibbs & Diangana injuries - IMO some undertones are having an effect. The Ferguson contract issues - Diangana staying/going - the Hegazi Pereira bust up?  All these thing unsettle the team, the elation and congratulations, celebrations, hugs & kisses have gone missing since early December. Maybe it's just me.
As always with contract talks the Ferguson issues will have an effect as he seems to be liked by the other players.

What happened between Hegazi/ Pereira?

The lack of signings also will have an impact.

Look how Swansea have been lifted by their loan signings
(01-21-2020, 09:37 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:03 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

be dropped ? 
As always with contract talks the Ferguson issues will have an effect as he seems to be liked by the other players.

What happened between Hegazi/ Pereira?

The lack of signings also will have an impact.

Look how Swansea have been lifted by their loan signings

Hegazi and Pereira had a handbags session in training. Resulted in Hegazi refusing to participate and Bilic then dropped him. So the story goes. It was gossip a few weeks ago.
Team were in training early this morning, day off cancelled. 100% itk
(01-21-2020, 10:14 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Team were in training early this morning, day off cancelled. 100% itk

good