10 year season ticket
Sheffield Wednesday have launched a season ticket that guarantees your seat for 10 years after they get promoted to the Prem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51129422

Innovative or bonkers?
Didn't we have them back in the late 80s / early 90s? Am sure we did. I guess their USP is the promotion thing. I guess they figure it'll get them some more money up front to stave off FFP...after all they've nothing left to sell now the ground has gone, and it looks like they're selling tickets up front now too.
(01-16-2020, 11:53 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Didn't we have them back in the late 80s / early 90s? Am sure we did. I guess their USP is the promotion thing. I guess they figure it'll get them some more money up front to stave off FFP...after all they've nothing left to sell now the ground has gone, and it looks like they're selling tickets up front now too.

Yeah. They turned out to be excellent value for those that invested as we went up 3 years later.
If you invested in the club (bought shares) you got a 10 year ST. My old man did that. I couldn't afford the 3k at the time.
(01-16-2020, 12:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: If you invested in the club (bought shares) you got a 10 year ST. My old man did that. I couldn't afford the 3k at the time.

The share certificate for those was/is an absolute beauty.

Signed by Allen, Astle and 3 others I can only guess at.
(01-16-2020, 11:53 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I guess they figure it'll get them some more money up front to stave off FFP...after all they've nothing left to sell now the ground has gone, and it looks like they're selling tickets up front now too.

That's what I was thinking too. Feels like a desperate final throw of the dice. If they fail to get promoted, their revenue is going to fall even more.
Well.

Can't see that working.
(01-16-2020, 12:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 12:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: If you invested in the club (bought shares) you got a 10 year ST. My old man did that. I couldn't afford the 3k at the time.

Cyrille definitely one of them
I seem to remember Albion doing this around the mid nineties. Was our deal something like buy a ten year season ticket now and get your money back over eight years? That seems to ring a bell.
(01-16-2020, 12:31 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 12:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Cyrille definitely one of them

My dad has it up in his house in a frame. I met and had a chat with Cyrille the night he was presented with it