Phillips
Great first 20 mins faded badly towards the end of the 1st half. 15 mins into the 2nd half he was shot.

He’s always faded towards the end of the 2nd half but recently he’s been knackered very early on. 

Don’t think it’s a lack of trying just his body gives up at some point which is now happening earlier and earlier in matches.

Does he he’s a few weeks off?
(01-01-2020, 09:39 PM)Geralous Wrote: Great first 20 mins faded badly towards the end of the 1st half. 15 mins into the 2nd half he was shot.

He’s always faded towards the end of the 2nd half but recently he’s been knackered very early on. 

Don’t think it’s a lack of trying just his body gives up at some point which is now happening earlier and earlier in matches.

Does he he’s a few weeks off?

Would imagine he won't play in the cup, in which case he'll get about 9 days off...So here's hoping he comes back refuelled.
Phillips, HRK, Periera, Sawyers, Livermore, Gibbs, Bartley, Ajai, Furlong, Johnstone...all should now be rested until the league game against Charlton in 9 days.

Team for cup -

Bond

Ferguson
O’Shea
Hegazi
Townsend

Brunt
Barry
Krovinovic

Willock
Zohore
Austin
Ferguson out for 2 to 3 weeks according to Bilic.
(01-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Phillips, HRK, Periera, Sawyers, Livermore, Gibbs, Bartley, Ajai, Furlong, Johnstone...all should now be rested until the league game against Charlton in 9 days.

Team for cup -

Bond

Ferguson
O’Shea
Hegazi
Townsend

Brunt
Barry
Krovinovic

Willock
Zohore
Austin

I doubt he will risk Townsend with Gibbs crocked.

Brunty to left back, and Harper into midfield.  I wouldn't risk Austin, either.
(01-01-2020, 09:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Phillips, HRK, Periera, Sawyers, Livermore, Gibbs, Bartley, Ajai, Furlong, Johnstone...all should now be rested until the league game against Charlton in 9 days.

Team for cup -

Bond

Ferguson
O’Shea
Hegazi
Townsend

Brunt
Barry
Krovinovic

Willock
Zohore
Austin

I’d give Tulloch and Willock runouts either side of Zohore.

We know what Austin can do, no need to put him in for the FAC IMO.

Harper definitely needs to come in.

Might be good for Bowen to get 30 mins too as a sub.....
Hate resting players for the cup as I’d take getting to a cup final over promotion but a lot of our players need a rest. Phillips clearly has issues with him fitness, felt sorry for Furlong who had a good game but didn’t get much help at times.
Phillips is having a good season, I think the criticism he gets is unfair & had another decent game tonight (miss excepted) without him playing not sure who fans think would come in ?
(01-01-2020, 10:03 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 09:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Team for cup -

Bond

Ferguson
O’Shea
Hegazi
Townsend

Brunt
Barry
Krovinovic

Willock
Zohore
Austin

Might be good for Bowen to get 30 mins too as a sub.....

I think he'd be ready to go in the first team.  Smile
(01-01-2020, 10:49 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Phillips is having a good season, I think the criticism he gets is unfair & had another decent game tonight (miss excepted) without him playing not sure who fans think would come in ?

+1. He still provides an outlet on that side of the pitch.