Man marks
Zohore did well when he came on
Was it definitely Gibbs hamstring again? Was right in front of me & looked in pain from clashing knees with the Leeds man trying to get past him. Went off immediately as the ball went out.
(01-01-2020, 09:44 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I’ve been Livermore’s biggest supporter on here all season, think he’s been immense but for me struggled against Leeds 3v2 midfield tonight and their pressing, biggest downside was sloppy passing, work rate was excellent as always though

Cuzer
I'd say that's good reason to up his marks? There's many a midfield that would have crumbled tonight under that constant energy. Whichever way the marks are given, there's no doubt Albion had all the chances and for all of Leeds pressing, they didn't really create anything of note. A very decent performance against a side that are clearly better than all our other opponents, and at a tricky time of year.
(01-01-2020, 09:09 PM)Duffers Wrote: Struggling to see what Krov actually brings to the side to be honest.
I’ve been saying this for a while. All piss and wind with no end product.
(01-01-2020, 09:08 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Decent game, our tactics were right, let Leeds have some possession but look to break with pace and intensity when we could
6 shots on target to their 2 says we deserved it but they had more of the ball, which is just how they play
Good to see us better tonight, I’d rest most of them for the weekend and work on Gibbs getting for for Stoke at home, Townsend should be able to do a job against Charlton in the league

SJ 7 some iffy kicking but good save in 2nd half, seemed slightly better against crosses.....slightly

Furlong 7 Some great back post defensive headers in the first half, tried to get forward when he could, Solid display overall

Gibbs 6 Such a shame that bloody hamstring went again, need him fit

Semi 8 Off day v Boro quickly put to bed, read the game well, brought the ball out of defense and dominant in the air, unlucky  with OG

Bartley 8* Big call to bring him back but was immense for me tonight

Sawyers 7 Better for the rest, passing more incisive tonight which isn’t easy against Leeds press 

Livermore 6 Been superb all season but struggled against Leeds midfield tonight, worked tirelessly but passing was sloppy

Krovinovic 6 Understood the reason he started wide and to give support to Leeds attacks down the right, worked hard but always seems a little slow when on the ball, despite being a technically good footballer

Pereira 7 Sublime touch and movement as always, unlucky with free kick and lovely set up for Edwards chance late on

Phillips 7 Better tonight, worked hard but that chance to make it 2-0 was huge given the context of the game

HRK 7 Excellent hold up play and close control as good as we’ve seen, playing out of his skin this season but feel we need more options

Subs

Townsend 7 Did well, played his way out of some tight situations, alas no ability to overlap or put crosses into the box, should start the next 2 but we need Gibbs fit

Edwards 7 Much more direct tonight which was good to see, exactly what we need from him, unlucky with chance to win it

Zahore 7 Glad he got a run out, would have been longer you feel but SJ was carrying a knock and Bond almost came on. For me I’d always have 2 strikers on the bench, he’s different to Austin and tonight suited him more, showed good pace and strength on a couple of occasions, there is a player in there somewhere 

Great position to be in going into the new year, interesting January ahead I’m sure, a bit of tweaking should set us up nicely for the 2nd half of the season

Cuzer

Great write up, understand where you are coming from re: Jake but as he's been an 8/10 or more this season I think a drop to 7 would be about right. Seems like i'm the only one who thought Krov did well today esp 1st half. Rightly hooked in terms of the match situation etc but did pretty well imo and another 7 for me.
Really enjoyed tonight with a good atmosphere and an interesting battle on the pitch. With Forest and Brentford looking strong, at the moment, it is going to be a very exciting end to the season.
We’d be a lot better if we showed a bit more footballing intelligence. Technically, we’re very good but sometimes we need to be a bit more switched on. Manage the games better and we’ll be a better team for it. We saw it from Leeds a lot, buying free kicks especially and just being a bit more savvy. Not so many touches on the ball, pass it and move etc. Good game overall, we probably should’ve won it though.
Krovs not very good at all, you only say he’s technically good because he has a foreign name. He’s lacking confidence at the moment as well, probably cos he is being asked to be more attacking which isn’t his strength.
Krovinovic 5 at most given he was played out of position. If he’d been at the club when Bilic arrived he’d be no where near the squad. But like all managers they will persevere with their own signings

No pace, no goal threat, not a passer & without passing range, can’t go past anyone ...nearly always goes sideways & backwards - tidy footballer 50 yards out, but we need much more than that

Immediate improvement when he went off
SJ was carrying a knock?? Must have missed that one. What happened to him?
(01-01-2020, 10:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: SJ was carrying a knock?? Must have missed that one. What happened to him?

Dunno what happened to him, but I sit directly behind the dugout, and Slav was on the verge of bringing in Bond midway through the 2nd half. Had him warming up for quite a while, and then part stripped off.