Why don’t we...
.....ever keep a player upfield when we’re defending a corner?

It really pisses me off. It takes us ages to get out and normally ends up coming straight back in as we’ve got 11 players in our own box. 

Also, if you leave a nippy little player up top (Edwards for eg) then you immediately force the opposition in to leaving 2 players back to cover him.

It annoys me more than it should.
(12-29-2019, 07:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote: .....ever keep a player upfield when we’re defending a corner?

It really pisses me off. It takes us ages to get out and normally ends up coming straight back in as we’ve got 11 players in our own box. 

Also, if you leave a nippy little player up top (Edwards for eg) then you immediately force the opposition in to leaving 2 players back to cover him.

Agreed, say it every week, as you say they then keep 2 back

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Me too. Charlie tried to stay up when we were defending a corner at 0-1 with ten left. Bilic waved him back leaving no option for a quick turnover. Very odd
Other than having every man back in the box, I don’t see the benefits. I mean, the likes of Edwards are not going to out jump Ayala and clear a corner....
I found it particularly bizarre when playing Diangana.

If ever a player was perfect for that type of counter-attack but offering very little at the back, then Diangana is that player
(12-29-2019, 07:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote: .....ever keep a player upfield when we’re defending a corner?

Could not agree more, we never have a decent out ball so usually get caught in possession or give it away cheaply, really boils my piss does this.
You have everyone back to defend when you are confident you will beat them for pace on a counter attack. It limits the amount of defenders to beat
(12-29-2019, 08:09 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: You have everyone back to defend when you are confident you will beat them for pace on a counter attack. It limits the amount of defenders to beat

You then give the ball to Krov who turns round three times with the ball, and the opposition are back set. 

Leave a quick player up, and they will usually leave 2 back to deal with him. That's 3 less bodies in our box, and perhaps SJ wouldn't look like a flying seal, flapping at every corner that comes near him.
As frustrating as having 2 stood together when taking a corner.
(12-29-2019, 10:14 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: As frustrating as having 2 stood together when taking a corner.

Dont start me on that one, CIM  Big Grin