Longest unbeaten run since 1901/02
(12-26-2019, 09:22 PM)Peachy Wrote: Which pant wetter said this after today?

"It's a sticky period, I'm never Happy With a point but we have to take it"..........

Bilic.

He admits we aren't at our best at the moment but apparantly it's not ok for fans to dare suggest the same. Strange.

"Wow' what a shocker - just goes to shows some people haven't got a clue  Big Grin
(12-26-2019, 08:44 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 07:04 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 07:01 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: What makes it more impressive is that according to some, we're in a slump, playing shite, picking the wrong team, picking the wrong players for the bench and lucky. Hope we stay wank.

In fairness there aren’t that many who are saying this. Just a few who revel in ‘dips in form’.

Dek no wonder people detest you - fishing of the lowest order.

Remi, I wasn’t fishing. I was if anything defending the sensible and measured responses of the majority to a very minor relatively speaking blip in form. There are a few who go overboard with criticism and seem to revel in it,  but you always get that. If you disagree with that opinion fine we can agree to differ.  

Why stir an empty pot? There was no fishing intended! I went out my way to thank you for some of your recent posting the other day and there was no sarcasm intended as I pointed out it was genuine. I don’t want the hassle of wind ups moving forward. I will be endeavouring to post in a more conciliatory way moving forward.

(12-26-2019, 09:22 PM)Peachy Wrote: Which pant wetter said this after today?

"It's a sticky period, I'm never Happy With a point but we have to take it"..........

Bilic.

He admits we aren't at our best at the moment but apparantly it's not ok for fans to dare suggest the same. Strange.

I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone is denying there is a dip in form or not wanting to win every game. They are just trying to keep a little perspective. We are still be picking up points and have lost once up until Boxing Day. If it persists during a less frenetic period of the season and we start losing games then that will be the time surely to start worrying about our form? The inevitable post mortem after every game will always occur but all you can do is take the points or lack of and move on to the next game as a manager and as a fan just try and enjoy the ride.
Kindly put some of these stats on the stats fred?
(12-26-2019, 11:08 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 10:56 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 10:49 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 06:48 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 14 games. Impressive.

Where have you got this stat from CIM?

I thought our longest unbeaten run was 19 in 1978/79 (from about September to January). Have I got that wrong?

13 league games in 78/79. We lost to Spurs in early October then went on a 13 game unbeaten run which ended with a 1-1 draw at Norwich which put us top. Then that bad winter kicked in an our lack of under soil heating meant we then had to wait nearly a month to our next League game... a 2-1 defeat at Liverpool.

P.s I think that 19 game run in 78/79 included cup games. I should have qualified my OP to say League games.

As I recall we played about 78 games that season, including friendlies, with Wile playing in all but one of them. Two full seasons' worth, basically!

I miss those pitches. I really do.

Was watching a few clips from the 70s last night... pitches were liked ploughed fields at times, either that or a total mud-bath.

I appreciate that it made the game more physical, stuff like that, but it was good to have the different seasons. Winter meant mud. Summer pitches were often almost bare.

Football was a tough old game back then.
(12-26-2019, 09:25 PM)MassDebater Wrote: We were due a dip, and so far it's not been a terrible dip...with other results keeping us ahead by the same margin.

If we get through til Mid Jan and still haven't lost, even if we draw them all, then we'll still be top (i think? not checked how many games there are)...

It happens, teams cannot keep going at the pace we were over Christmas, and I said earlier in the season (and was mocked by some) with the heavy rain and pitches we aren't as fluid as we know we can be.

I see what you did there!  Big Grin