Colours
Has the world gone mad, I just had someone say he likes my scarf colours and Newcastle are a great team. Best put my away one on next time. Big Grin
(12-04-2019, 12:15 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Has the world gone mad, I just had someone say he likes my scarf colours and Newcastle are a great team. Best put my away one on next time. Big Grin

Always remember when the blue stripes were darker, people around my way used to think it was Newcastle all the time. Then again we were a bit shoddy back then, so it was a touch more understandable. Suppose it depends where it happened.
(12-04-2019, 01:20 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 12:15 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Has the world gone mad, I just had someone say he likes my scarf colours and Newcastle are a great team. Best put my away one on next time. Big Grin

Always remember when the blue stripes were darker, people around my way used to think it was Newcastle all the time. Then again we were a bit shoddy back then, so it was a touch more understandable. Suppose it depends where it happened.

I was in the crown pub - by the Stourport bridge.  Tongue
Didn't the BBC, or someone, describe us as wearing 'black and white stripes'.
Clarnet v2.0
(12-04-2019, 02:10 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Didn't the BBC, or someone, describe us as wearing 'black and white stripes'.

Are you getting confused with "Len Cantello's" testimonial ?
(12-04-2019, 01:50 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

LOL! Then they really should know better, or were Dingles on the piss take!
(12-04-2019, 02:10 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Didn't the BBC, or someone, describe us as wearing 'black and white stripes'.

That definitely happened - I can't remember which game it was but definitely remember thinking wtf when he said it. IIRC it was a 'name' commentator as well.
I remember being on holiday in Crete circa 1995 and I walked into a bar with the then girlfriend (now long suffering wife).  I had on a baggies top, the one with draw strings I think around the neck.

the bar was packed full of geordies ready to watch a match and as I walked in they all cheered here's another Geordie, I pointed out I wasn't but they didn't give a shit, we had a cracking afternoon with them and bumped into them for the rest of the holiday.

always liked them ever since
I wore my Toffs 78 top in Vegas and some American dudes in shorts told me it was a bit early to be going bowling. I couldn't convince them my initials were not W.B.A. and I've always regretted not using Frank Skinner's Wes Bromwich alter ego as my name... just not quick enough at the time.
(12-04-2019, 02:26 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 01:50 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

LOL! Then they really should know better, or were Dingles on the piss take!

It may just be coincidence but Stourport has a much stronger Baggies support presence then Dingles.
I see many Baggies shirts and scarves, especially on game days but very few Dingles about.
Is it me or have they lost some traditional identity since the Fosun takeover and promotion .